Thinking of Becoming One of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by The Searcher 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

If you become one of Jehovah's Witnesses, here are five points which will not be driven home to you until after you have been baptized as "one of JW'S":

1) You will be required to commit as much of your time and financial resources as you are able - to further the aims & acquisitions of the billion dollar corporation known as the WTBTS/CCoJW - namely, to recruit new members and to increase their worldwide real estate empire.

2) You will be required to terminate "worldly" association with former friends.

3) You will be "expected" to attend each and every meeting, assembly, convention, and KH televised broadcasts which are arranged by the self-proclaimed "Governing Body" (G.B.) in Brooklyn, N.Y.

4) You will be required to blindly accept any decisions/directions issuing forth from the G.B., even if you disagree with it. (see Watchtower Nov.15 2013, page 20, par. 17)

5) If you openly disagree with anything which the G.B. says or does - and you refuse to keep quiet about it - you will be expelled from the congregation and shunned by all of your new JW friends - including any family members who are also J.W.'s

Enjoy your "spiritual paradise", and spread the word!

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    You make it sound like a bad thing
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher
    p.s. If you point out an Elder's mistake or wrongdoing, you will be reminded that they are only "imperfect men", but your mistake/wrongdoing will result in them giving you counsel or discipline.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

Performance is MANDATORY in this religion. You HAVE TO go door to door. If you don't then you aren't 'witnessing'.

As my Dad's dementia worsened, I watch him become despondent because he knew he couldn't do what they expected of him and he beat himself up over it.

Children are also expected to do Field Serve-Us. And what about people who are incapable due to being physically and/or mentally challenged?

And about blood transfusions, well, just hope you don't ever need one.

• a watcher
    a watcher

There are many different ways to serve Jehovah. Practice the ones you enjoy and avoid the rest.

But always remember, the most important thing is YOUR personal relationship with Jehovah and Jesus. Everything else is secondary.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The Searcher - "5) If you openly disagree with anything which the G.B. says or does - and you refuse to keep quiet about it - you will be expelled from the congregation and shunned by all of your new JW friends - including any family members who are also J.W.'s"

Technically, if the elders find out you even have private disagreements with anything the GB says or does, even if you don't talk to anyone about it, you still run the risk of being expelled.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

There are many different ways to serve Jehovah. Practice the ones you enjoy and avoid the rest.

But always remember, the most important thing is YOUR personal relationship with Jehovah and Jesus. Everything else is secondary.

Gah, I can't get out of this quote box !! (on iPad)

Anyway, re: the above quote from AWatcher:

My response is, that your above words are not compatible with WT doctrine/dogma.

They want you to put Jehovah AND THE ORGANIZATION first.

Everything else, namely: one's family, the having of children (or not), whom you marry, your choice of work/career, the furthering (preferred not!) of your education (school,college, university), what you do for recreation; are to be secondary. Otherwise you are not putting Kingdom Interests(TM) first.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Don't forget they will remove all the ways the Bible says for you to gain salvation and enter into the kingdom of God and replace them with loyalty To the the Borg as your only path
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Watcher, I like your attitude! You don't sound like a witness at all, but someone from my church.

Witnesses do not say you can avoid what you don't like to practice...they pressure you to do every aspect of what they define as worship, and council you if you don't. And if you don't listen, You, watcher, are going to be the one that is watched.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Yes I recall when I was first married and had doubts and questions the elders and my ex's response was I had to have faith and pray more. There is no room for questioning the GB once they have their claws in you. This is a double standard for them as when they are studying with you they will tell you it is OK to questions everything and examine your beliefs but they don't tell you that is not allowed once your in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit