Media notification?

by mauiboy 6 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• mauiboy
    mauiboy

I would love to see the WTB&TS/ WWC case in Victoria Austrailia come to national or even international media attention. I plan on finding as many media sites 'contact us' as I can in the next few days. If enough of us email/phone/written bltz hit the TV and newspaper media asking for coverage of the story as it unfolds in the coming months, maybe someone will pick it up... Anyone up for sending some emails? I will try to post all the contact points in a 'new topic' here within the next few days. If the media is made aware of a substantial audience interested in this story they may pick up on it. Any other ideas??

• wobble
    wobble

Please do not jump the gun. The media has a very short attention span, and very rarely do they return to a story, if they ran something at this early stage, when the case finally comes to Court and the real meat of it becomes apparent , they will not want to know.

WE WILL ONLY HAVE ONE CHANCE AT THIS. For goodness sake, let us show our thanks to Steven Unthank by making a good job of it.

Let's wait until it is resolved, mid November I believe, not long. (Although it could go further)

• alanv
    alanv

Well said wobble. I know it is tempting to get media attention early, but the time to tell al,l is when the society have really been shown up for what they are.

• mauiboy
    mauiboy

I agree completely....what I have in mind is trying to rally the troops and gain some volunteers who are willing to participate. I have accumulated email addresses and 'contact us' information for major news media. I was thinking about posting them in about 10-14 days with hopes of having some committed minds ready to send of any available press releases or at least requests for coverage. Please continue to give me your thoughts......Thanks.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    WE WILL ONLY HAVE ONE CHANCE AT THIS. For goodness sake, let us show our thanks to Steven Unthank by making a good job of it.
    Let's wait until it is resolved, mid November I believe, not long. (Although it could go further)

That is perfectly logical. The US media will have probably little interest in this (being a minor religious issue from Austrialia) even when resolved, so the only chance is to make the point when a real resolution is achieved.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Mauiboy, please check your pms.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome, Mauiboy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit