Does the congo with the thickest envelope get all the circuit assembly talks?

by Alfred 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Alfred
    Alfred

OK... I might be speculating here but I just have this sudden need to get this purged from my system once and for all...

It always seemed to me that the congo that handed over the thickest envelope to the CO at the end of his visit got all the circuit assembly parts... This is just my personal observation from having been in 4 different districts for over 3 decades.

Of course, I could be completely wrong about this but I rarely noticed elders from the poorer congos in the district giving talks at any assembly I've ever attended, while the elders from the more affluent congos in the district seemed to get all the talks, simposiums, dramas, everything...

In fact, about the only thing the "less fortunate" elders were used for at assemblies were for "interviews" (during an affluent elder's talk) where they would briefly explain how they gave up higher education, higher paying jobs, etc. to serve Jehovah full time because Jehovah always provides, etc. just to make the "materialistic" young couples in attendance feel guilty and sign up for aux pionsneering, reach out, etc.. Meanwhile, several affluent and well-known business owners in the district got all the front-and-center 15-min discourses... I always thought: "why are they up there giving these talks, instead of the more humble brothers in the district who are all but running themselves into the ground in field circus 6 days a week while the affluent elders barely get in 10 hours a week visiting not-at-homes?

Has anyone else noticed this in their district(s)? or it just my imagination?...

(Again, I just had to purge that from my system... thanks for reading)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It helps if the elder is also a pioneer (or at least his wife or kids are pioneers), but otherwise there is indeed a lot of nepotism and simony. It's no different from corporate America or any other group of politicians.

DOC

• wobble
    wobble

Yup, same old gang time after time were given the talks, usually a number of them would be RBC guys, but it was remarked on that it was an "old boys club" , a new face was a rarity, unless one of the old fovourites had been DF'd or faded.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit