Hold Me, Thrill Me

by Hold Me-Thrill Me 45 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

but who claim to be the one channel from God? But so imperfect they willfully hide and goto court to defend paedophiles? Such is not imperfection but bloody minded and criminal.

Stick around and you will learn much. The rejection of Christ by many here is a further testament to the sadness inflicted by an org that is lubricated to its depths by guilt tripping its members and the abuses of scholarship. That is what is divine rule one day is quietly dropped the next with no apology or regard to the damage left in its trail.

Welcome aboard.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Zeb, the rape of children in a Christian religion is a damn bloody crime. The Watchtower is blood guilty without doubt!
  • zeb
    zeb

In this case the imperfect men claim to be the one channel from God but a god who is confused and changes his rulings on things periodically and to hell with the consequences for those whose lives have been trashed as a result.

Imperfect? No criminal . Imperfect men who are christian show humility openly they dont have a massive legal fortress from which they defend paedophiles.

• fiddler
    fiddler

I don't think that the average JW would ever tolerate a pedophile in their midst but what the average JW doesn't think about is that they follow writings of ancient patriarchal tribal people who's mindset allows for the protection of a pedophile. Pedophiles ARE in their midst but they aren't aware because they follow an ancient mindset. Yes, it's an imperfect system.

But Is that a good reason to follow it?

*sigh*

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Zeb, "Imperfect men who are christian show humility openly they dont have a massive legal fortress from which they defend paedophiles."

Absolutely! The Governing Body is not a humble group of men. Just watching them on their JW broadcasting videos is ample evidence that they hold themselves in the highest regard something Jesus did not teach.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Spending 40 years in that cult you are more brave than me. I would have been found hanging in a noose long before 40 years elapsed.
  • millie210
    millie210

Welcome Hold Me, Thrill Me,

I felt like you until I was slammed in to a different reality by a bad event.

I dont know if that had not happened if I ever would have been intellectually curious enough to look around.

I would like to think so but I will never know.

There are lots of varieties of thought and belief here. I think you will be glad you joined. I am.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome, glad you found us. I also felt the trinity was a sticking point and the reason I stayed as long as I did. Even after leaving it kept me from looking at other religions.

Eventually I started investigating the religion that had controlled so much of my adult life. I then realized that their history of lies, deceit, false predictions and doctrinal needs flip flops were far worse than any one doctrine could be. Much of the bible is a matter of interpretation anyway, so why condemn fellow Christians for interpreting something in a different way than you do?

Jesus said "by this all will know that you are my disciples, that you have love for one another". It wasn't whether they believed in a trinity or not, it was by love. How much love does the Watchtower show to fellow believers in Christ? They show none, claiming they are not even Christians because they differ on doctrine. Even within the Jehovah's Witnesses, how much love do you see in the congregation? You seem to have had a positive experience, but you must have seen those who did not. Many who leave have said they were treated very badly by the elders or fellow JWs, that there was no love.

There are also churches that don't teach trinity and some that have no doctrine whatsoever. Having attended one like that I can tell you I found it a much more spiritual and positive experience than the dry, plodding, rote question and answer JW meetings. They also showed so much love. People were assigned to be greeters, people took care of the sick, they helped the homeless and the hungry.

But it took me many years to get to the point where I saw the trinity as being a minor doctrine issue and my spiritual journey continued on from there. At this point I consider myself a humanist, but I would never condemn anyone for still believing in Christ, as it is your life and your spiritual journey to make. Whereever you end up in the spectrum of belief you have made a great start, to look for truth, real truth, with an honest heart, and to be open to where that takes you.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Thank you, LisaRose.

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    My sincere thanks to all who contributed their heartfelt thoughts. There are many loving men and women on this forum! Thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit