Hold Me, Thrill Me

by Hold Me-Thrill Me 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Hold Me, Thrill Me:

I'm going to be honest and from the heart when I say that for 40 years in the JW religion I was very happy in my ignorance! Man, what a trip it was. I loved every minute of it but then I was absent the bad in my religion. Meaning I did not suffer as many did.

I've learned quite a bit from exJWs and others and truly appreciate it all. My thanks to Ray Franz, Ed Dunlap, and all here.

I'm still a believer and so my screen name; Hold Me, Thrill Me. I've not found another who can cause my heart to beat as Jesus' teachings do. But I recognize that is not a "good thing" here. Hope you all do not mind my intrusion into your conversations.

Hold Me, Thrill Me

• freddo
    freddo

> O.P. Sometimes we who have mentally left throw the baby out with the bathwater. I can understand you being thrilled by Jesus' teachings - it's when you add some of the apostles (e.g.) Paul's teachings - and especially when you overlay them with the Governing Body's teachings that the thrill deadens.

• jws
    jws

Welcome. I don't believe as you do, but your beliefs are your own to have. And as long as nobody else is forced to believe them or gets hurt by them, I don't object. And we can all have open discussions here from all viewpoints.

I don't know that your screen name screams believer though. Isn't that part of a line from a song sung by Susan Sarandon? "Hold me, thrill me, fulfill me. Creature of the night."? Or am I getting it wrong? In any event, hold me, thrill me, makes me think of other things than Jesus.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome "Hold Me-Thrill Me"!

(cool user name too!)

It is great to have you here!...Feel free to join in. We are a mixed bunch, and you will find a great deal of support and assistance in finding out who you really are, and what you really stand for.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Or is it a reference to the U2 song?
  • Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    It's a Mel Carter song. Showing my age. :)
  • Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

HMTM

Welcome

Hold Tight .We aren't a fright.

Enjoy the forum. Thrilled you will be!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    No need to apologize. I didnt suffer at the hands of the org per say, meaning it wasnt mistreatment that woke me up. We all have varying paths to finding the truth.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Other churches teach Jesus' teachings way more than witnesses do...i left jw's and hear way more about him than I used to! But I agree with you on the thrill. You have an interesting viewpoint. You are still a believer, your registered here, have read apostate stuff...but are obviously very kind and not one of the über dubs we see. Maybe you are a very liberal sort of witness! We'll see. Welcome!
  • Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Just so you all know I still attend meetings. I recognize the problems but I also see that there are few options outside of the Society for a Christian who does not believe in the Trinity.

When I read the Hebrew Scriptures it is obvious that God's people, the Jews, did not always keep the commandments of God. And not all Christians in the NT, and later, kept Christ's word.

Truly, is there a Christian religion that is without flaw? Is there a government that is without flaw? Is there any organization that is without flaw? Are they not all run by imperfect men and women?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit