Question for atheists and nonbelievers

by pressman 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I profess to teach the truth to you all and get you to to think and believe.

How condescending of you to presume to decide what truth is. You have a faith, good for you, but it is simply your belief, your truth, not mine. I wanted to believe in God, but I have looked at the evidence and find it wanting.

All you have for evidence is a feeling and your proof is a two thousand year old book that describes a jealous, angry God who approved of slavery, rape and stoning people. So, no thank you.

• pressman
    pressman
    viviane, there is none who are specifically proclaiming this. I'm just saying that those of us who do claim that. all details of how life began are in the holy book. You will not be able to fully understand it if you are a non believer. i believe the bible to be more evidence than anything scientist can lie about. you have to remember that god is one of the things that scientist can never explain without the bible.
  • pressman
    pressman
    lisaRose, me deciding what truth really is, is not my motive. It might come across that way but my real motive is to lead you to the true god. my evidence is not a feeling. See, you have deciding what my evidence is just like you think i decided what the truth is. I just want you to believe and to find the true lord.
  • pressman
    pressman
    jeffT, I respect your belief. and I give my fondness for your belief in the Christ. arrogance is not the way God wants us to be. it is not about me but it is about he who is from above, the Jesus.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Some people have a hard time accepting human ignorance as a factual and provable occurrence, instead they rather arrogantly and proudly proclaim they have faith and belief in those purposed ignorances.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    The OP doesn't seem genuine. It appears to be satire. It is just one unsubstantiated assertion after another with no attempt at logically convincing arguments whatsoever. It's rather pitiful if it's genuine, but genius if it's satire.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Pressman, when I read your title about asking atheists a question I was expecting you to do so in a few sentences. Instead you gave us a long winded, poorly paragraphed and insulting post.

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

Pressman,

As someone who believes in the Bible and God, I agree with the majority of voices here. Your message is either repulsive or an attempt at satire that I find neither funny nor helpful.

Upon leaving Jehovah's Witnesses many face challenges in learning to feel settled with whatever set of convictions they must now adopt upon starting a life outside of the Watchtower. It is unhelpful and uncaring to pitch either a new doctrine that is unbending in its demands or to parody convictions which may resemble some who are trying to find their way.

I left the Witnesses because I was tired of people making fun and judging others because they had this or that set of convictions or didn't. Debating subjects to open them to various views is one thing, but to attempt to confront ex-JWs with more of the same they have freed themselves from is far from considerate.

You will gain far more respect and be far more helpful supporting the choices people freely make for themselves instead of trying to tell them that you have something they have no access to without you. If you are just poking fun, it's a bit tasteless for those of us who have chosen religion or a spiritual path because it paints all who do so with negative judgment. Neither is supporting which is what we should be doing for one another.

Besides, if you are being very truthful then you teach against Scripture which teaches that truth is even found outside the Bible and that even people who don't know God can be just as upright and even more so that those who believe in Romans 1.19-20a and 2.13-16. People have been finding truth before you, me or the Bible.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Didn't we already just do this???

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Didn't we already just do this???

Probably. It doesn't end, just the names and faces change ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit