Letter WRiting campaign

by Cacky 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Cacky
    Cacky

On another board for ex-jws, I stated I'd like to start a mass letter writing campaign. At first I thought of writing to the United Nations Human Rights Council, about the shunning and increasingly bad insinuations and name calling against apostates, but mostly the shunning, and the fact that the org is increasing it's pressure on the R & F to continue and do more shunning if they had been letting that slide.

Anyway, on that board, some suggested we write to the media instead, because that way it might get out to the public better, and then other organizations might see what's going on and perhaps take some kind of investigative action agains the org for what it does to anyone who wants to leave, which I believe violates our own freedom of religion, because we are not free to leave their religion without repercussions, and very heavey ones at that.

I also would like, as much as possible, to have our letters date-stamped October 31, just for the irony of that being Halloween. And I'm looking for a name to call our campaign, I was just thinking, Halloween Hey Day. Any joiners and any suggestions for what to call the campaign.

By the way, I'm Cathy from Missouri. I mostly visit the ex-jehovah's witness recovery forum on yuku.

Thanks fellow ex-jws (or jws still in but want to complain about the shunning policy).

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Hello Cathy

You might want to check out this thread

Using media is smart, as more people come to understand how WTS preaches freedom of religion but they don't practice it themselves. Media might also help people keep away from joining the cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit