The Great Tribulation Is about To Strike ?

by Hairyhegoat 4 Replies latest social current

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

This is a quote from the District Assembely this year..

At the latest district assembly, they announced that all prophecies pertaining to the last days have been fulfilled. The bottom line, is we're at the brink of Armageddon, which makes perfect sense considering world commerce (social structure) is collapsing on itself. The worldwide debt crisis is evidence of a social and economic system plummeting into despair resulting in civilians rioting in the streets. This is simply a glimpse of the great tribulation that will occur before the destruction of this system of things.

For then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. Matthew 24:21

This is quoted on jw topix. Have we all heard this some where before ? All who went to this can you confirm the text above ?

HHG

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

I bet they announced who the King of the North is/was, then? I'm sure we would've heard about that one by now..

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

That's really lame... after all this time. Can't the GB find a scripture to show that the global banking crisis is a "sign?" Everything else has been used...

• free2beme
    free2beme

I think they said the same thing, at the beginning of the great depression. The thing is, when the people writting these talks and making them, no jack shit about economics. I would not trust what they say too much.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I can't wait to see the look of JWs when the hard times do come but no Armageddon. It's no brainer that there will be hard times due to debt-load of the western world and peak oil will definitely bring changes to the way people live. If WTS was proactive, they would have warned about unsustainable debt and peak oil decades ago and they would have looked smart today but they pick up stories from newspapers today and repeat it to the masses as if bible GT is about to be upon us. It helps when listeners are uneducated and in the dark to what's going on around them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit