Obama orders troops to Africa

by straightshooter 6 Replies latest social current

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

President Obama has ordered the deployment of troops to Uganda to assist in the capture of Joseph Kony. Kony is the leader of the Lord's Resistance Army. Kony and his followers have committed horrible atrocities. Kony proclaims himself as the spokesperson of God and wants to establish a theocratic government in Uganda. Obama stated that this is in the national security and foreign policy interests of the United States.

Should the U.S. get involved in fixing another problem in the world, such as what they did in Iraq and Afganistan?

Should money be used to save other countries, or should it be used at home for education and social programs to help Americans?

How does such crazies as Joseph Kony affect the national security of the United States?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Kony proclaims himself as the spokesperson of God and wants to establish a theocratic government.

I couldn't help making an connection with the Watchtower Corporation.

Your sure this Kony guy isn't a JWs .....just kidding

Another said spokesmen of god pursuing power and control by reaching out to the almighty one, when will these corrupt

bullshitting assholes ever disappear.

Focusing on the topic, its more than likely a small military presence thats being ordered.

Frankly I think most Americans today are fed up with correcting and intermingling in political affairs outside of their own country.

They've just spent years of war in Iraq and Afghanistan trying to correct problems there and just recently now in Libya.

Most likely Americans want the problems within their own country looked after and tended to, like their economy for example.

These military interventions are costly, didn't the Iraq war cost 1 trillion $US.

Tax payers money is the real big issue now. I don't think Obama's foreign polices are in questionable doubt but people want their

own home problems addressed.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

One of my wife's students recently received orders he would be deploying for 2 months to Africa.

MTM

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

From Wiki

Lord's Resistance Army Disarmament and Northern Uganda Recovery Act

In May 2010, U.S. President Obama signed into law the Lord's Resistance Army Disarmament and Northern Uganda Recovery Act, [16] legislation aimed at stopping Joseph Kony and the LRA. The bill passed unanimously in the Senate on March 11, 2010 with 65 Senators as cosponsors, then passed unanimously in the House of Representatives on May 13, 2010 with 202 Representatives as cosponsors. On November 24, President Obama delivered the strategy to disarm Joseph Kony and the LRA. [17]

In October 2011, Obama authorized the deployment of up to 100 combat-equipped U.S. troops to central Africa to help hunt him down.The U.S. forces will deploy to Uganda, South Sudan, the Central African Republic and the Democratic Republic of the Congo."Although the U.S. forces are combat-equipped, they will only be providing information, advice, and assistance to partner nation forces, and they will not themselves engage LRA forces unless necessary for self-defense," Mr. Obama said in a letter to Congress. [18]

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Well its not a big military exercise, its only 100 troops.

• designs
    designs

Kony is in bed with Gadhafi and with this network seeks to destabilize the north of Africa. It is probably seen as an attempt to clean the area of War Lords. Tough business, War Lords are like Cockroaches, they survive under any rock.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Uganda's Oil: A bonanza beckons

Obama doesn't give a flying fart about Ugandans. The goal here is to rape his African countrymen out of their natural resources before the Chinese can do the same.

~Sue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit