My generation

by d 6 Replies latest social current

• d
    d

How do you feel about my generation. We are no longer apathic. My generation can make a difference in this world. I feel that with the unrest involving shows that we can not be ignored.The anger in this country is a bottle filled with gasoline, it will blow up if it is not contained.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    How do you feel about my generation. We are no longer apathic. My generation can make a difference in this world. I feel that with the unrest involving shows that we can not be ignored.The anger in this country is a bottle filled with gasoline, it will blow up if it is not contained.

Hmmm, how are you different from the protestors of the 60s and 70s?

• d
    d

We are different becuase we live in the information age and that these movements will not be crushed.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was active in the 1960s and 1970s (and now). The world is a better place for the youth revolution. Students were major players in the civil rights movements and the peace movement. They need not lose jobs that support entire families as an adult demonstrator would. We don't live in a utopia but it is much better than the 1950s. Thomas Jefferson wrote a stirring piece about freedom or liberty must be born from the blood of every generation.

• Razziel
    Razziel

Every generation thinks they are different. It's not true, but it's a good thing in that it is a catalyst for change. Yes it's easier because we live in an era of easy communication and social networks. But that actually makes the movements of the past much more impressive if you think about it. They didn't have the social networking and ease of organization that we do now.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I think it's a bit of a media beat-up to talk about different generations. Maybe that was true in the 1950's & 1960's, but it doesn't seem so important now. Society is more likely to change as a whole, in response to new technology and the economic situation etc. But each generation must be slightly different in some way... maybe high youth unemployment in the next couple of years and social networking will produce a real protest movement... or not...who knows? The internet helps people make more intelligent and informed choices, so the future should be better.

• oompa
    oompa

not sure what unrest you are referring to?...there is always unrest....and there are always stupid people yelling with no answers of their own...and only REAL causes worth dying for last imo.....oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit