I was told Rolf Furuli is an elder

by mankkeli 7 Replies latest jw friends

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

How could Rolf Furuli be an elder considering his secular background?. A friend from norway said he is the service overseer in his congregation. Does anyone have any info to validate this claim?. Just curious

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Isn't he a dedicated and baptised Witness? What is in his secular background that would keep him from being an elder?

• facebeauty
    facebeauty

i'M CURIOUS about that too.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

In my old congregation the PO was an economic's university professor...of course he acquired his qualifications before he came to know the truth...

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

I don't know if Furuli is an elder or not. Someone posted recently that he is something of an irritation to the hierarchy due to his continued defence of the 607 bce dogma. It's not strictly 'sanctioned' by mother.

Furuli is usually forced to admit that his expertise is in languages not history.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Hi!

He is most certainly an elder, in a congregation in Oslo.

He is highly regarded as an "expert" witness, even used sometimes on tv/radio etc (at least in times past).

He also used to (if he still does I do not know) give talks at district and circuit assemblies.

Why should being a professor disqualify him for being an elder?

There is even an entry of him in wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolf_Furuli

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

In the Norwegian version of wikipedia it also stated explicitly that he serves in the capacity as an elder.

Furuli er medlem av Jehovas vitner, og fyller vervet som eldste. På 1970-tallet arbeidet han som en reisende tilsynsmann. Han har skrevet bøker ombibeloversettelse, teologi og bibelhistorisk kronologi.

furuli is a member of the Jehovah´s witnesses and is an elder. In the 70s he was a travelling overseer. He has written books on bible translation, theology and bible historic chronology.

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

Furuli used to be an elder in Majorstuen congregation in Oslo. The latest inforation i've got is that he has moved to Sandefjord og small town 120 km southwest of Oslo.

He is definetliy a higly regarded elder. A guru for many JWs in Norway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit