No longer feel nervous or guilty when I see a JW out in public...

by QuestioningEverything 7 Replies latest jw friends

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I used to feel nervous when I was out and would encounter a JW. Instantly, I would feel guilty that I wasn't doing more spiritually. Seems like the conversation would always go the the KH and JW's topic and the usual "We miss you, blah, blah, blah..." I am happy to say--- That is NOT the case anymore!

Now, when I run into a witness and they ask how I am doing, I say, "The whole family is doing great. My oldest son is in college at XYZ University. He is really being responsible with his schoolwork and loves being in a dorm. My youngest is getting straight A's and in the National Jr. Honor Society. My job is going well and the hubby's been working overtime at his job. Life is terrific! "

I say all of this because I want them to know I am NOT attending and my life is going pretty damn good!! I had a conversation recently with a sister and I asked her if her hubby was still working with this particular law firm as a Paralegal and she said, "Yes, but you know, the world is so iffy, we don't know if that will last much longer." That Oh, woe is me and the world talk irritates me so bad.

Thanks for letting me share my thoughts with you.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Bravo! Congratz on taking control of your own life.

-Sab

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

What an incredible joyous story! Im so happy for you, and thanks for sharing!

I hope you continue to get the most out of life and all the wonderful opportunities that lay ahead.

Best wishes, Paula x

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Congratulations for getting over that obstacle ! I went throught that too . Now whenever we do hear from my JW in laws ,which is seldom, I am always sure to bring out the positive things going on in our lives . It is always like she is expecting us to say we are destitute and ready to come crawling back to the org. She seems disappointed when I tell her everyone's job is going well or someone just got a raise . Never is she genuinely happy for our successes . Blah on the negativity YAY for your family !

• angel.face
    angel.face

That's awesome! let them see how successful your family can be without them. Prove them wrong about the scary scary 'world'. No need to feel guilty, you are free - they are not.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Good for you!

I saw a JW in the street the other day and gave her a big smile and "Hello!"

She smiled back (I am not dfd but haven't attended for over 10 yrs) but it was a wary smile, lol.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi QuestioningEverything, I'm glad that things are going well for your family. If you wish to have some fun with the JWs, you should say "You look a little tired. How are you feeling? . . . Why are you still a JW?".

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• shepherd
    shepherd

That's great! I remember the first time I was shunned I felt so bad. Then later I realized as a disassociated person I was free, I could do what I liked. So the next time I made a point of going up to them and saying hi. I still got ignored, but all the awkwardness could be seen on THEIR faces. It was so good to see!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit