One Day Text per family?

by bronzefist 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

This might have been posted before. Couldn't find it in a search. Haven't been to a hall in years.

I was told that only one day text per family can be ordered at the counter. Read an older post here that the day text isn't used before going out D/D. Also told it's not used at assemblies any more. What's the BS explaination?

• sir82
    sir82

Sounds like a local thing. At our congregation you can order as many as you want.

Maybe at that particular congregation some were ordering 10 or 20 each, and then not picking them up after they arrived?

You are correct, reading the text is no longer done at meetings for field service or at assemblies.

Don't know why they stopped it at assemblies.

It was stopped at meetings for service because it was a "crutch" for the conductor. 90% of the time the text had nothing to do with field serve-us, but the conductor out of laziness would cover the text anyway. Now, the idea is, the FS conductor has to talk about "how to present the magazines" or whatever - something more practical.

• agent zero
    agent zero

sounds like a local thing. at our congregation you can order as many as you want... too. :P

as far as i knew, its use at FS groups was always just an optional thing the conductor could choose to do or not.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

Might be a loca thing, not sure. I remember when my meeting attandance was slipping, every time I would place an order for a WT CD, it would never come in. And when I would ask for a D text, they were always out. I ordered a WT CD in mid 2006, and asked almost every month, but late 2007 I gave up. Same thing with my 60+ year old mother, it was ridiculus.

• Lore
    Lore

Pffft, we always ordered 2 per family member. One for each of us at home on the kitchen table and one for each of us in our meeting bags.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Just talked to my "source" and he says it was announced at the "needs of the congregation" part of the meeting. It seems like an unusual request though. I was literature servant for 5 years...maybe it was a request to limit the # of day texts orderedif possible for your family. Just another way to stop the money bleed out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit