I am not out to get the Jehovah Witnesses!!!

by jahovahtruthtoday 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• jahovahtruthtoday
    jahovahtruthtoday

I am not out to get the Jehovah Witnesses!!!

I attempted to post this previously and I did it all wrong. I got allot of negative feed back and in no way wanted to offend them. I am in no way better than them, but have some important questions for the sincere Jehovah Witnesses that are worth trying to answer. I feel if no one can answer them than we should seriously question the watch towers authority.

Now the first question I would like to ask is. The watchtower claims that they can only translate the bible correctly for us to understand it. This scripture I found in the Bible says other wise.

1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Now these next questions I have. I wanted to be as honest and fair as I could be. I normally focus my study from the King James bible, but I wanted to use the translation that the Jehovah Witness are most comfortable with ( The New World Translation ) So studying in parallel with both translation I can assure you that what ever I give from the King James says the same thing in the Watchtower translation.

Here are the conflicts I found.

The Watchtower says that Jesus came back as a spirit.

Jesus predicted he would raise his body up. In the Greek body is form although body is the same thing...

Joh 2:18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
    Joh 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
    Joh 2:20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
    Joh 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

I know he couldn't have been a liar or a deceiver/false prophet because he never lied. I'm sure we could all agree on that. So he was going to do exactly what he said he would.

Now we come to..

Joh 2:22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

He fulfilled the Prophecy and now he is standing there.

Conflict 2

The prophets made the same mistake 2000 yrs ago the watchtower did because the also supposed he came back as a spirit.

Luk 24:36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
    Luk 24:37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

As you read on you will notice Jesus corrects them.

Luk 24:38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
    Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
    Luk 24:40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

As you go on even further you will noticed he even ate Broiled fish in a honeycomb to prove to them he was in a physical ford.

Luk 24:41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
    Luk 24:42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
    Luk 24:43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

Conflict 3

In John chapter 20

Were all acquainted with a person named Thomas. ( He was your seeing is believing type of person ) and didn't come to meet with Jesus when he came back so Jesus went to him.

Joh 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
    Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Not only did Jesus prove to him he had a physical form but Thomas called Jesus ( Jehovah God )

My other conflict I have is this...

Watchtower says Jesus died on a torture stake and from the Greek it actually can be translated torture stake. Although it can also be translated cross or pole.

Where I found an answer to this is.

Joh 20:25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

They would know if he died on a cross or torture stake wouldn't they?

Well my problem is nails and hands are plural so it would have to of been a cross.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now if your wondering why I would even take the time to post this. The reason is this...

A while back I had an old couple come up to me and try to get me to submit to the watchtower. I was confused and wanted to make sure I had my facts straight. I got away from the churches and started studying the different religions to make sure I have the right one. I even studied the history of the bible and the way the people lived in those days. It took allot of work and prayers to be at the understanding I'm at today. In the time of studying the watchtower I realized the they are very sincere people that the watchtower rules with a iron sword. They believe the Watchtower is their only way to salvation and the watchtower uses that against them. That's why they don't want to question the authority of the watchtower. They can be disfellowshipped for it and be ripped away from family/friends. The watchtower is very dishonest and the Jehovah we serve would have no part of that. I know I could write a book on the embarrassing history of the watchtower that the organization keeps from their own people but I feel it is more important to concentrate on what the scripture says. I challenge the witness to answer these questions to either reveal something I missed through all my researching or see the conflicts for them selves.

The reason why I feel this is also so import is because. The Bible says we can only get to the father through Jesus but the watchtowers organization stands in Jesus' place.

I had to study and pray for this reason because I'm not going to spend eternity in hell for someone else's mistake. I also in no way want anyone else to. I humbly say.. If I have mistaken and you have answers please share them with me. We are seeking truth and if you can prove to me the watchtower is true I will follow it to the ends of the earth. The watchtower says the bible is the infallible word of God so it must line up with scripture. I cant just take the watchtowers word for it. That's what many watchtower followers do and I have too much to lose to do that. I want us to seek the truth together as Gods people. We serve a wonderful and merciful God that will give the answers to us in one way or another.

Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

If the Bible says that salvation is through Christ alone. I just want to be sure and not just take an organizations word for it.

We have too much to lose because once we leave this earth there is no going back. We will be judged.

Im sure we just can't afford to be wrong on this.....!!!

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

We have too much to lose because once we leave this earth there is no going back. We will be judged. You sound very frightened about this ?

Im sure we just can't afford to be wrong on this.....!!! Many of us here have arrived at the conclusion (after much prayer and study) that you can actually afford to be wrong on this.

When you've wound off this mortal coil, that's it. Gone. No more.

Waste no more energy. Get on and enjoy life!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

You may not be out to 'get the Jehovah's Witnesses''...

but many of us are so you won't offend many over that score!

You can't afford to be wrong? Yes you can, in fact many will argue you have still got it wrong, and you sound like your agenda is to convince that while the JWs might be wrong, the whole god/jesus/bible and hellfire things are right...

good luck on that. Stop this silly praying stuff and apply your logical mind i say

oz

• jahovahtruthtoday
    jahovahtruthtoday

Of course I cant afford to be wrong... ! I have no fear though because the bible is the way to God .Thats what I follow not someone elses interpretation of the bible.. I read it myself..with much prayer. I have no doupts that the bible is Gods word. You don't have to believe it. I have studied the Bible and the history of religion. Its the oldest history book that you cant prove wrong. Its the oldest revelation with no conflicts. Of course Im reaching out to these people because they are being lied to. I dont know everything but this I know...God is real and so is his word. There will always be the sceptics that will throw their 2 sense in and attack. They have no idea what they are talking about. They should be worried though because they will have to answer to God. You are on his earth. ... I know where the bible came from and all other religions came afterwards... Im sticking with the original. I will share it with as many of Gods people as I can reach...

• White Dove
    White Dove

I sense much fear in this one.

You know what Yoda said about fear.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

oh brother....

Try to contact Aguest and Pssacramento and Tec. They will understand exactly what you are referring to... I think you could develop a real friendship there...

anyway if you wanna be out to get some Jws... be my guest.... I dont give a rat's ass. So no need to apologize here.

• tec
    tec

I have no fear though because the bible is the way to God .

Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Christ is the way to God.

We can read some about Him in the bible, though, yes. So we have testimony accounts in the bible that point to Christ. But He is Spirit (you know this already), and He is alive. He is MORE than the bible. Far more.

I have no doupts that the bible is Gods word.

Christ is God's Word :)

God is real and so is his word.

I agree 100% - just a bit differently as concerning who the Word of God is, and who is the Way.

Peace to you,

Tammy

• tec
    tec

Also, this is not a pro-jw site. There are some who still belong to the WTS because of family and shunning; there are even a few who are loyal to the WTS. But the majority of this board are former jw's - in heart and/or deed. So I'm not sure who would try and prove to you that the jw's have truth?

Peace,

Tammy

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

I have a relationship with Christ. I have also studied the history of the Bible. I believe that it is true and has been protected by God all these years.

I am sad that people do not have Christ in their lives. I can't imagine going through this without Him. I couldn't and I certainly wouldn't be full of joy like I am, but I am not afraid for them. I believe that God's justice is perfect and that He has set an example for us in the OT and in the NT. Will God come and judge people based on their reactions to how imperfect men have tried to teach them about God? If people are not Christians receiving a reward, then are they going to go to eternal torment in hell? Two categories and nothing in-between? How could that be? Did every restitution for sin in the OT include the death penalty? Did Jesus speak of 2 slaves or 4? What could he mean that when the faithful slave is rewarded and the wicked slave is punished, there are two more groups of slaves, there are slaves beaten with few strokes, and those beaten with many?

Look at the context of the scriptures that speak of weeping and gnashing teeth. Are these burning in hell? What are they upset about?

Luke 13:28 “There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out. People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God. Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last.”

Luke 12:41 Peter asked, “Lord, are you telling this parable to us, or to everyone?”

42 The Lord answered, “Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom the master puts in charge of his servants to give them their food allowance at the proper time? 43 It will be good for that servant whom the master finds doing so when he returns. 44 Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 45 But suppose the servant says to himself, ‘My master is taking a long time in coming,’ and he then begins to beat the other servants, both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk. 46 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the unbelievers.

47 “The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. 48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit