Studying and Facing Opposition from Family

by RagingBull 3 Replies latest jw friends

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Whoa is me! I began studying and my family thinks I'm crazy. They see a Watchtower and look at me in a strange way. They see me reading my Bible and taking notes. Sometimes I'm in my office for hours, using the Watchtower CD to do research and all I get is a "What are you doing? What are you looking up??"

See, this is the life of someone that's suspected of being an "Apostate" but no one's quite sure yet!!! hahahahaaa...

I bet many thought that it would be a person new in "The Truth". Remember the stories of those who had an unbelieving mate? How it was so hard for them to get to the meetings and being looked down upon for wanting to change their religion?

Funny how JWs feel sympathy for ones going thru that if they are "coming into the flock", but treat their own family and friends even worse when they no longer want to be "in the flock" anymore. TWO-FACED BASTURDS

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

BULL: It's obvious something is WRONG! No JDub STUDIES. Not for the meetings or anything else. OK.....If ya gotta talk, you gotta crack a a couple books or check out the WT Library for a few minutes to throw something together.

AND< you're reading THE BIBLE? NO JDub reads the Bible. Esp if it ain't the NWT. Only the NWT is inspired of God.....or at least of F. Franz.

You're in for a shitload of trouble.

DOC

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

My Dad has tried to get me to study the Watchtower for decades.

Now that I am, he doesn't want to talk about it any more.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Yeah I just thought how funny it is that we hear of those who struggled with their "worldly" family members when going to the meetings. But witness do the same to you when you start learning the REAL TRUTH about "THE TRUTH"

You find out that your WORDLY FRIENDS AND FAMILY are the only REAL ones you've ever had.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit