HATE PROPAGANDA LAWS IN CANADA

by somebody 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• somebody
    somebody

Greetings all!

I know that Canada has Hate Propaganda Laws and the WTS' publishings should probably be exposed there too. So if anyone can, please help expose the WT Society for what it really is!

Maybe there are some lawyers in Canada that can shed some light on if Watchtower publishings such as the the July 15th Watchtower and perhaps that KM a few years back fit the bill for religious "hate propaganda".

Can anyone from Canada look into it?

peace,

somebody/gwen

• KingDavidwasframed
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can only hope this makes it much more difficult for them to become legal in many countries, and that it makes them go under ban in others. While I am no big fan for banning terms as "offensive", and I believe that to offend no one is to please no one, this is way too blatant in terms of hate speech. It is not just the term "mentally diseased", but the whole article and numerous others nearby. It is also a progression of their whole teaching. I think they are different from radical Muslims only in that they will their God to do the actual destruction, and I believe they would kill apostates if they were given the chance to.

Hopefully, it also awakens people up when the witlesses come to the doors. The NBC pedophilia embarrassment of November 21, 2007 was one thing. But if this blatant hate speech (preferably with the whole paragraph printed in the newspaper) gets put in USA Today, The New York Times, The Washington Post, and all the major British and Canadian newspapers (all government run, via the contributions the government makes to censor these papers), it could cause major damage to their field circus results. And since the major newspapers are in collusion with the government, I would like to see the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery try and sue them. They would end up losing the suit, and probably get even worse embarrassment.

• talesin
    talesin

somebody

Found this on Wiki (thanks for the link, KingDavid!

Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia's Human Rights Act [ 35 ] prohibits discrimination upon the common grounds and upon "an irrational fear of contracting an illness or disease". An adjudicator "may order any party who has contravened this Act to do any act or thing that constitutes full compliance with the Act and to rectify any injury caused to any person or class of persons or to make compensation therefor and, where authorized by and to the extent permitted by the regulations, may make any order against that party, unless that party is the complainant, as to costs as it considers appropriate in the circumstances".

In April 2008, a group in Nova Scotia, the Centre for Islamic Development, filed a complaint with the police and with the Human Rights Commission of Nova Scotia over a cartoon published in the Halifax Chronicle-Herald. [ 36 ]

(bold is mine)

hmmm,,,, any legal opinions on board? I would be happy to run with this if it can be an 'issue'.

tal

• DT
    DT

talesin,

Nice find. I think it's worth a shot. They are definitely promoting discrimination and an irrational fear based on the concept that that being "mentally diseased" is a contagious condition. The law doesn't seem to require that the person actually have a disease or illness. Just promoting an irrational fear is enough. Of course, the case may be even stronger for an apostate that has a real mental illness. In this case the Watchtower Society would be calling him mentally diseased and actively promoting discrimination and an irrational fear based on his condition.

There may also be some witnesses who will avoid or even shun other witnesses with real mental illnesses. Most witnesses in Canada probably have enough education to know that mental illnesses aren't contagious, but some might not and may overreact to Watchtower rhetoric that implies that mental illnesses are contagious. Also, the Watchtower has suggested that some cases of mental illness are caused by demons and hinted that this could be contagious.

In any case, it's an important topic. I wonder if it would be helpful to have a petition asking the Watchtower Society to make a statement in all three editions of the Watchtower retracting it's statements implying that mental illnesses are contagious and to clearly explain that mental illnesses are not contagious.

• talesin
    talesin

DT

I got a PM from another poster giving me the name of a lawyer who may be interested. I hate to admit to it, but kinda sick right now,,, but will get right on that next week .. I'm gonna email the lawyer.

thanks for your encouragement (ugh, that sounds so 'witnessey' , but you know what I mean.

tal

• somebody
    somebody

talesin....I would love nothing more than to take it as far as others have in the UK. My view is that we'd be saving JWs who are afraid to stand up to the WTS INC, and feel they have no choice but to avoid and shun their own family members. They have RELIGIOUS FREEDOM, but that freedom is taken away from them by the WBTS INC!

Go here and read the 5 th and 6 th paragraghs. And remember that KH’s and Watchtower conventions are open to THE PUBLIC.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/06/15/f-hate-crimes.html

Thanks you all!

peace,

somebody/gwen

Thanks you all!

peace,

somebody/gwen

• somebody
    somebody

Maybe the WTS' teachings go against bullying laws. If anything, their publications DO encourage religious bullying, pitting family members against other family members while doing so.

And encouraging JW minors to do so against other JW minors who have been disfellowshipped.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit