I wish...

by C.O.B.E.Beef 5 Replies latest jw friends

• C.O.B.E.Beef
    C.O.B.E.Beef

...I wish this was a religion.

I like the possibility of a paradise earth.

I dont believe in hellfire.

I like reading about Jesus and trying to imitate him.

I think love of neighbor is important.

I like the concept of being identified by love.

I enjoy daily bible reading.

I pray to Jehovah through Jesus name.

I feel comfortable teaching my children these things. I hope they listen but learn to make decisions for themselves and live a good honest , happy life.

But someone wont allow that, and that is the Bride of Christ.

This Bridezilla has made it clear who wears the pants and has rendered her fiance a lame duck. It seems like she would want to help me teach my kids to be Christ-like. Instead, she is so obsessed with being " no part of the world" that she misses the point of Jesus example.

She wants my kids to be different just for the sake of being different.

She wants to micromanage their lives the way she has mine. Who to love , who to hate, what to say, what to wear , what to think, how much education, what kind of medical treatment, what to watch, what to listen to,what to read, what numbers on their timeslip makes them a "spiritual person", who to associate with , and who to shun.

Thats her version of Christianity. To her, the term" Christian" is a legal term used to dress up her maiden name. ( C.C.O.J.W.)

I wish this was just a Christian religion, but alas, it is not.

Just thinking out loud, thanks.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I wish this was just a Christian religion, but alas, it is not.

Recognizing that it's a high-control group, not just another harmless Christian denomination is a great first step.

Take action! Begin building your non-JW life, now. Make friends and particiapte in activities that are not JW-related. Teach your children critical thinking skills, empower them to think for themselves and never speak negatively about learning/education.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I like your calling the society bridezilla! Yes she has pushed Jesus way into the background hasn't she!

I wish too that the good aspects of the truth were really true. It is a struggle living with what i found out.

I hope one day I can find peace. I hope you will too.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

'Christian' is a legal term used to dress up her maiden name....that's great.

• C.O.B.E.Beef
    C.O.B.E.Beef

I wish I had figured this out 10 years ago...

• free @ last
    free @ last

I wish I had figured it out 22 years ago, before I got dunked.

Ayyy. How to make up for lost time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit