The Telegraph article on the mentally diseased.

by trailerfitter 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• trailerfitter
  • wobble
    wobble

This is just on the Telegraph on-line version right ?

So not an article in print as yet ? Perhaps they will print it ?

• onemore
    onemore

What a bunch of lies…

"But Rick Fenton, a church spokesman, defended the passages, saying ostracisation was "a personal matter for each individual to decide for himself". "Any one of Jehovah's Witnesses is free to express their feelings and to ask questions," he said. "If a person changes their mind about Bible-based teachings they once held dear, we recognise their right to leave."

I guess its theocratic warfare at its best.

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

They have the right to leave but it is the treatment that is given afterwards that is the truth here...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

From what I understand it is in the printed newspaper, too. See the first thread on the topic:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/216331/1/The-Independant-Article-is-On-line

• 00DAD
    00DAD

It's very telling that Mr. Fenton chose to comment on the right of an individual to leave. That was never the issue, rather whether or not the WT's treatment of those exercising their individual rights should be shunned and libeled as "mentally diseased."

Typical.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Curious, is this issue getting any traction in the US or any other countries?

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

00DAD I am not sure but links for this paper turn up on US atheist sites and facebook. the UK is probabally not as bothered as the US about religious affairs. The churches in general are failing here and its groups like the JWs thatr want to capitalise on that fact..

We have muslims shouting out against UK law so this, may be,... seen as just another one of "those" religions hitting the headlines.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit