Some JW local news

by Patriot 0 Replies latest jw friends

• Patriot
    Patriot

I found the following excerpts of article in various newspapers ( sorry but I did not want to open an account to retrieve the entire article):

METROPOLITAN DESK | November 21, 2000, Tuesday
    Victims Fight Over Splitting Reparations For Holocaust

By ALAN FEUER (NYT) 1154 words
    Late Edition - Final, Section B, Page 1, Column 2
    They came from all over. There were survivor groups from Australia and the former Soviet Union. There were organizations representing Gypsies, Jehovah witnesses....

ABSTRACT - Hearing is held in Federal District Court, Brooklyn, where Holocaust survivors offer emotional arguments as to why they are entitled to part of cash being paid out by Swiss banks that had been accused of looting Jewish wealth during World War II; victims fight over splitting reparations, as Jewish survivors offer searing memories of their ordeal and representatives of non-Jewish survivors talk of their own pains, staking their separate claims to settlement fund; photo (M)

Published on October 24, 2001, Press-Telegram (Long Beach, CA)

CONVENTION CENTER REDO UNVEILED
    PROJECT: MEETING ROOM AREA RENOVATED BY 2,000 JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES IN EXCHANGE FOR FREE RENT.

Officials Tuesday unveiled 22,000 square feet of renovated meeting space at the convention center, capping a 100-day construction project performed by some 2,000 Jehovah's Witnesses in exchange for free rent.

The newly renamed Seaside Meeting Rooms, located along Seaside Way beneath the Terrace Theater, now feature vaulted ceilings, wall moldings, new carpet and bright lights -- all welcome changes from the old Terrace Meeting Rooms that had gone unimproved since their construction in

Complete Article, 400 words;

Published on August 2, 2001, The Sacramento Bee

Jehovah's Witnesses to construct hall in Antelope

A 394-seat worship center to be owned and operated by the Antelope Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses is scheduled to be constructed on the west side of Walerga Road, about 639 feet north of Antelope Road.

Plans to build the Kingdom Hall, which will include two auditoriums of 197 seats each, were approved July 23 by the county Project Planning Commission on a 5-0 vote.

Calvin Eckler, representing the Antelope congregation, told the Planning Commission that the

Complete Article, 635 words

Published on December 9, 2001, Fresno Bee, The (CA)

Q: What is your best Christmas memory?

"When I got the wrong baby doll from Santa and I cried and told my parents they had it at Target."

Karli Cisneros

Visalia

"I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness so I haven't had a Christmas till now. It's like the designated time to give presents. You can't be, like, 'I thought of you, here's a present.' You have to wait until Christmas. I think Christmas is overrated."

Gen Bacher

Fresno

"When I got my first Super

Complete Article, 249 words

Article 112 of 183, Article ID: 2000171013

Published on June 19, 2000, Fresno Bee, The (CA)

KERMAN BUILDS ON ITS FAITH BELIEVERS SINK MILLIONS INTO THE 'CHURCHY LITTLE TOWN.'

Even if you don't give a fig about religion, driving around a roughly two-mile stretch of Kearney Boulevard will make you a believer that God -- in a rainbow of faiths -- is on the march here.

Three churches, a cultural hall and a temple have recently either been built, remodeled and expanded or are about to have their first shovels sunk into onetime farm fields.

The millions of dollars invested by Punjabis, Sikhs, Mormons, Roman Catholics and Jehovah's Witnesses showcase the

Complete Article, 1048 words

Jehovah's Witness Is Freed

( AP ) 162 words
    Late Edition - Final, Section A, Page 3, Column 3
    ABSTRACT - Levon Markarian, leader of Jehovah's Witnesses in Armenia, is acquitted on charges of proselytizing and of forcing young people to evade military service

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit