I am plagued by bad WBTS dreams, is anyone else?

by PaintedToeNail 8 Replies latest jw friends

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

My conscious mind is able to throw off my fears about the WBTS being right about the great trib. and armegeddon. It is able to shut off the panic thoughts when they spring up...however when I go to sleep, it is another thing entirely. The unconscious allows fears and panic to thrust into my dreams and all kinds of awful things take place. My kids are dying and I'm being told it is my fault for not 'exercise faith and having works befitting such faith'. The word around me collapses as the Watchtower illustrations often show, with burning rocks careening down from heaven, the ground below opens up to snatch my family and myself as buildings around me fall down. It is very disturbing to say the least. Does anyone else have these kind of nightmares?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

This is very common among many who have left. it does go away.

Some people find lucid dreaming a real help to them. Before you go to sleep do some self-talk about what kind of a future really lies ahead of you and your children. Think about the things they will have- like an education and a free mind to learn whatever they want. Freedom from the controls the WTS places on people. Birthdays and whatever other special days you might want to start celebrating. Visualize what these things would look like. Make those images filled with as much detail as possible. Then tell your mind that this is what you will dream about.

Don't expect immediate results. You are tryign to undo years of fear-mongering. But with time it can change and your dreams will be happy ones.

• man oh man
  • Ding
    Ding

Armageddon and guilt over your supposed failures are drilled into JWs repeatedly, so it's not surprising that your subconscious would still be influenced by that.

Lady Lee's advice is very good.

The best way to get rid of thoughts that theaten to control you is to replace them with something else that is better and more powerful.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

@Lady Lee-thanks for the advice for self talk. I'm still trying to figure out what kind of future my kids and I will have, as their lovely father, my hubby is still very in, but he does let me talk to him about the WBTS and its faults, so I have hope. I'll try the self talk tonight.

Ding-you are always very supportive. Thanks!

Man oh man-try using Google Chrome, it allows your posts to show.

• love2Bworldly
  • love2Bworldly
  • bigmouth
    bigmouth

PTN, we've had some very good posts on here over the years regarding dreams revolving around Satan, the demons, destruction etc.

As the brain processes new ideas and challenges old ones you do seem to get nightmares for a while. Religious behaviour seems to be the worst one for the mind to cope with.

As Lady Lee said and others have testified, they will fade and disappear. They wont do you any harm.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

bigmouth-thanks for your feedback. Occasionaly the nasty things bring on major anxiety/panic attacks and then I have to go searching for my 'rescue' med. to get me back in control of myself. I'm hoping they will fade as things go on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit