A little J.W. sabotage at the health Clinic.

by outlander 8 Replies latest jw friends

• outlander
    outlander

Took the wife in today for her regular every 3 month checkup. What do I see but 3 AWAKE magazines layed neatly

in a group amongst the usual pile of Better Homes and Gardens, ect, put out for those waiting for their appointments

to read. I fished out an pen and wrote: WARNING, THE J.W's are a dangerous cult that breaks up families and

shuns former members. BE AWARE! SEARCH THE INTERNET FOR THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT THIS GROUP BEFORE

BECOMING INVOLVED!

I felt quite good afterwards. LOL.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Some of the mags escaped my destructive period, so I had a look at some, briefly, and wow they are some good magazines! I'm not kididng. Do we not NEED them to learn how to be in God's image? We are in God's image? Never mind.

outlander, classic!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Hopefully nobody takes them and when the JWs return to drop the new ones off they get that look of shock and horror on their face!

• shamus100
    shamus100

I always just put on the front cover "Warning, cult material". Not that anyone actually reads that trash anyways. ;)

• anglise
    anglise

Well done outlander.

Went into a chip shop in Devon a few years ago and they had a large pile of WT's.

I asked the girl serving us if anyone wanted or read them. She said no so I asked

if she minded if I took the lot and binned them.

1 large pile of mags was then dumped in nearest bin - result!!!

Anglise

• smiddy
    smiddy

I was volunteering in a senior citizens op shop on a part time basis, and having oversight of such, had on arriving on my scheduled day, their were 10 WTB&TS videos on display.

Needless to say they ended up in the bin.

smiddy

• talesin
    talesin

Good stuff!

I always look around any waiting area for the mags, and make sure they go in the trash, but I like the idea of writing that they are a cult on them instead.

t

• White Dove
    White Dove

While doing my laundry in the apt. laundry room, I saw two mags on the table.

Took them and ripped them in pieces, but left enough of the name intact to show what some people really thought of them.

Watch/////////towe////////r

Pretty good rips:D

The titles are pathetic, anyway.

"How can you improve your finances?"

"You can be God's friend!"

The first one is touched on in every glossy in the news stands and in news papers.

The second one seems to only reach desperate people.

Out of touch doesn't quite cover it.

• irondork
    irondork

shamus 100: Not that anyone actually reads that trash anyways.

I dunno. On the occasions when I go to the local laundromat to wash the large comforter I always see someone reading those magazines. The idead of placing a warning on the front cover never occurred to me.

It occurs to me now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit