For Cedars

by Pams girl 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Hi there, I noticed on another thread you mentioned something about reading Steve Hassans Combatting Mind Control free online.....I havent read it yet, could you help me out please? I went to Amazon, Franz book was around £90, no way can I afford that, and couldnt source Hassans book. Any info much appreciated.

Paula x

• cedars
    cedars

Hi Paula!

Thanks for your message. I haven't read Steve Hassan's book, and I'm not yet aware of a way to read it for free. I intend to buy it at some point (given the endorsements on here), but it's not a massive priority for me at this stage.

You can easily read Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz on www.scribd.com

Simply type in "crisis of conscience" on the website's search window, and it will flash up. The latest edition is the one marked 2004. You can read it for free, but if you want to download it to your computer you need to make a small $5 donation. However, $5 is nothing for such an excellent book, and for that donation you get unlimited downloads for 24 hours.

Obviously it's better to buy the hard copy, because then some of the proceeds will find their way to Ray's widow Cynthia. Barbara Anderson recently informed me that Cynthia has moved to New Jersey to be closer to her sister and brother-in-law. She will be living in an assisted living apartment complex. I am led to believe that she is not computer literate, and finds it hard to concentrate these days.

I have recently acquired a PDF copy of "In Search of Christian Freedom" from cantleave. Let me know if you want me to pass it on to you.

I hope the above information is useful!

Cedars

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Ah Thanks! Think I got mixed up, it must have been the Franz book you were talking about. Thanks for the link, I look forward to settling down in my PJs with a hot chocolate later this evening and reading that...........much appreciated!

Best wishes, Paula x

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hey, Paula...........la de da dee da dee dah....sorry, it's that song again.

What I didn't do to get CoC (careful how I say that).

I didn't go to BTJunkie and certainly didn't search for it.

I obviously didn't find it so I couldn't download it with BITorrent downloader.

This means that I deffo don't have it as a PDF on my PC!!

I hope that didn't help!

• nugget
    nugget

Paula, I ordered it on line from the local library service. You get it delivered to your nearest library and can pick it up from there.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Thanks Nugget, will order it from the library. x

Thanks for nuffin unky!

• cedars
    cedars

I should add, for anyone reading this who decides to use scribd.com to read Crisis, that if you DOWNLOAD it, it is best to disable some of the features that link through to your facebook page. Otherwise (if you are still a dub) it could take some explaining if a message flashes up on your facebook wall saying "Such-and-such is now reading Crisis of Conscience". Obviously this doesn't apply if you are DF'd or DA'd.

Just thought it might be worth adding that note of caution!

• sizemik
    sizemik

I went to my local library . . . and there it was on the shelf. You never know . . .

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Paula - We lang the same speakuage

• hoser

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit