25 years have passed since UR Lovedd one has passed....ARE U ANGRY???

by itscrap&theyknowit! 6 Replies latest jw friends

• itscrap&theyknowit!
    itscrap&theyknowit!

Just an honest question? What are your thoughts?

You know, "the New Order is right around the corner. Those who have fallen asleep in death may be resurrected in less than 2 years, friends."

Well, those were the words at my uncle's funeral........

• happyexjw
    happyexjw

Im so sorry about your uncle I lost my dad nearly a year ago and the pain dont go away, we just learn to adjust to it.

with regard to the 'its right around the corner' just look at the armageddon thread that was started 10 years ago!!! its just a figment of their imagination, a dream, and all the time they forget to enjoy and realise what what they have and make the most what they have now

Happyexjw

• itscrap&theyknowit!
    itscrap&theyknowit!

@happyexjw - Thanks so much. Let me clarify....my uncle passed away 25 years ago. I was a child. Now I'm a grown woman. Things like that can hurt a person seeing that that time has come and gone many times over. Of course, they preach this because it makes you so damned determined to welcome that person back...in 2 years.

So sad this religion.

• ambersun
    ambersun

I can still picture myself standing next to my lovely dad at the KH singing "Keep your Eyes on the Prize" back in the pre-1975 days when we were being warned on a weekly basis how very, very close the end was and the urgency to go out and preach, preach, preach because within a matter of months if not sooner, armageddon would have happened. Back in the 1960s it was almost a frenzy in our congregation, people giving up jobs and houses in order to pioneer. Our minds, hearts and very souls were conditioned by the WTS into believing we would all be living forever in the New System very, very soon.

I lost my dad to cancer about 20 years later. No sign of armageddon then and still no sign today as we have had to say goodbye to many more loved ones. I watch my elderly mother become more and more frail and still struggling to go out knocking doors and attending all the meetings she can possibly get to, even though the effort causes her pain and makes her weaker.

Oh yeah, sure, we will see all our departed loved ones in 2 years! Oh look there goes another flying pig!!

Anger is not a strong enough word for the way I feel.

• itscrap&theyknowit!
    itscrap&theyknowit!

@ ambersun- I hear U...anger IS NOT strong enough of a word!

I believe that ONE DAY IT WILL END!!! What I DEPLORE is the damning insistency that it was ALWAYS referred towitha time frame attached. My parents weren't fervent or concrete JWs. But, they practiced it, as though did many others. And yet, along the way....we lost my Dad in the summer of 2010. I'm telling you, he was angry, disappointed, and scared in the end. What int he world!!!!! He was only 66 and was dying....from cancer.

UUUmmm.....we were supposed to be out of this by 1975. My parents were baptized in 1976 when "Jehovah was giving all these new-comers a chance". And the dates keep rolling.................

I left the organization @ 4 years before Dad passed awawy due to being married to a crooked elder. Seeing the hypocrisy amongst many of the elders. I think they feel I'll come back seeing that my Dad has passed. No, I will not submit myself to another 25 years of sheer bullsh***!!!!!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

The bOrg does an effective job in using fear to keep them in. Most always are thinking "this system of things" cannot last more than another 3-5 years. But they thought that in 1980, in 1990, in 2000, and right now.

When you find out that its all a big lie, get the hell out. You only have a short time on this earth, better to live it up in those years. Hell, better to waste it on yourself if you want rather than serving a publishing cult.

• itscrap&theyknowit!
    itscrap&theyknowit!

@LOST GENERATION- U said it!!!! I watched CNN regarding Steve Jobs message @ a college graduation. Tears came to my eyes! He spoke of how we only have a short appointed time here in this life. What will we do to live it to it's fullest. Should you let 'someone else' direct YOUR life? No! I am SOOOOOOO DAMN HAPPY I got out of the Borg!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit