Im just thinking

any thoughts?

• sizemik
    sizemik

15 Billion comfortably

With a more equitable distribution of wealth and resources . . . maybe 20

• darthfader
    darthfader

I think if the world population grows over 10 Billion, you can pretty much say goodbye to all the megafauna out there. A lot of the larger animals in our planets ecosystem need large open spaces in order to survive. Many of these areas are already shrinking to the detriment of the animals.

I dont think our population will grow much past 9 billion.

Of course I'm an armchair eco-biologist... your mileage may vary.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

With better and equitable distribution of resources, 20 billions easily. With revolutionary environment-friendly agriculture, industry and computers, 50 billions, maybe even 100 billions.

• oompa
    oompa

ummmmm.....and we can stop this growth how???...somebody did a great job of making us want to procreate....everyday!!!!!.....oompa

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If some scientist is willing to take risks and open up infinity dimensions, and develop infinity resources, infinity and then some. And even then it will all be sparsely populated.

If we have all these stupid regulations we now have, no more than 500 million.

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

I doubt there are any real figures...much depends on how they live and what demands are put on the planet. There are 6.5 billion on this planet and many cannot live together with any others...,Also, at the moment and consuming a fair amount of resources. We are already being warned to change our lifestyles.

If we lived a different way, many more could be accomodated but the whole of humanity needs to change otherwise we perish as our numbers grow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit