Letters — Elder Resignation and Withdrawal!

by Marvin Shilmer 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Elder — Resignation and Withdrawal!

Today I added a new article to my blog showing the result of Watchtower’s means and methods on the ranks of good folks within the community of Jehovah’s Witnesses. This article contains a set of letters that are self-explanatory.

My article is titled Elder — Resignation and Withdrawal! and is available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/09/elder-resignation-and-withdrawal.html

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• blondie
    blondie

I do not wonder that if Jesus Christ was on earth today, the WTS would have him out the door in less than a month.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings, dear MS, and peace to you! Your commentary states:

As a community, Jehovah’s Witnesses are left to be preyed upon by the whims of Watchtower’s Governing Body while the ranks of locally respected, well-trained and selfless men and women is decimatedby needless frustration and having their reputations besmirchedby Watchtower’s organizational system.

I would like to offer that that is not entirely accurate, but what is occurring is actually in fulfillment of my Lord's words to his disciples recorded at John 10:12, 13:

"The hired hand(the WTBTS GB) is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he (the GB) sees the wolf (certain COs and elders) coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away (ignoring the cries of the sheep while doing so). Then the wolf (self-righteous COs/elders with evil intent, and so looking to do harm to the sheep) attacks the flock (which they accomplish by wrongfully labelling and expelling them... so that they are now without protection and subject to being "devoured" by other wild animals, including a "roaring lion") and scatters it (because in order to stay alive, the sheep must now run away!). The man (GB) runs away (does not intervene or even respond to cries for help) because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. "

Of course, this has had fulfillment on other religious organizations (Judaism, prior to and up to at least the 1st centure; the RCC; LDS, etc.), but has its fulfillment TODAY... in the WTBTS.

Why am I pointing this out? Because many make the mistake of letting these "overseers" off the hook... while blaming the GB. The GB is reprehensible, yes, in their abandonment of the sheep. But it is NOT the GB who instigates these "witch hunts"... nor is it they who directly place themselves "over" such sheep. The CO's and elders consider themselves RESPONSIBLE for the sheep; yet, it is THEY who snatch and scatter the sheep... with their lies, slander, lack of love, disinterest, and sometimes all out wickedness.

That they think they will be let off the hook because "the GB told me to do it," is an error. They forget, they not only have a "double" honor... but double accountability. "The Devil made me do it," won't suffice... for EACH ONE... must and will render an accounting.

That is why, although one may believe he can do good from inside that Harlot... and continuing to be a part of her will help others, nothing could be further from the truth. If they remain, they WILL receive her plagues... for having SHARED... in her sins. That is the reason for the admonishment to "GET OUT OF HER!" That some think they know better than the Spirit... which says to get out... and think they can stay and be safe... is one who if fooling himself. Even if such one never sits on a JC... or takes part in an investigation, etc.,... one is still "part" of her. TOUCHING her, the "unclean thing" that she is. And it is said that such ones... will NOT escape.

I implore all who are still fooling themselves: GET... OUT... OF... HER. Because if you don't, you WILL find yourselves like the Jews to REFUSED to acknowledge the presence of the DISGUSTING THING in Jerusalem... so as to FLEE to safety. You think you are doing "some good." There IS NO GOOD in her. Because a LITTLE leaven... ferments the ENTIRE lump.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Thank you Marvin.

All I can say at present is .......Damn this organization!

I tip my hat off to the 'Brother' and his wife who were the targets of this abuse. The Society will pay dearly for the pain they have inflicted on this 'Brother' and others like him.

I think I would like to meet this 'Brother' one day face to face. Until then, as I said earlier "keep diggin............................".

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Nice letter. It's no wonder men like this ex-elder cannot survive forever in the WT.

• Quendi
    Quendi

This episode took place some twenty-three years ago. If conditions were that bad then, how much worse are they today? I have said before that no man of good conscience should serve as an elder in any congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses because that makes him an accessory to the evils the WTS is determined to pursue. The tactics this former elder outlines in his letters that were used against him come right out of the Inquisitions of the Middle Ages! Such a spirit of lying, subterfuge, and deceit reflects the personality of Satan and not Christ. How ironic that this organization, which claims to be firmly opposed to Satan and his minions, copies their methods so well.

In all likelihood by now this man and his wife have both gone to their rest. It would seem that they did so at peace with God and themselves. I can only hope that the WTS is not so fortunate. Its sins and crimes must be atoned for because the organization has wrecked the lives of many good people. If this is how an elder is treated when a cloud of suspicion comes over him, what would it be like for a simple publisher? May the WTS reap what it has sown and may I live to see the day!

Quendi

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

JW GoneBad writes,

“I tip my hat off to the 'Brother' and his wife who were the targets of this abuse.”

Both the individuals are fine folk. But Watchtower is a big machine, and it uses that bigness at-will to keep the bidness goin.

Blondie is right, in my view. Jesus would end up being disfellowshipped by the bunch of leaders atop Watchtower. Top dogs in the-then “organization of God” disfellowshipped Jesus once by killing him. The contemporary god-orgy thugs would just make him suffer by making his social and family life as miserable as they can!

Marvin Shilmer

• Sulla
    Sulla

Not sure how to take this sort of letter. On one hand, there is no denying the pain in it. On the other hand, the treatment he got was typical of the organization that he served with his all for 30 years; how many people would write letters like this about him?

Is it impoloite to say that this reminds me of a story of some Communist enforcer who finally has Stalin turn on him, too?

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Blondie-

I don't think they would even let him into the front door without calling 911!

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Watchtower is not about love.

What remains to be said?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit