Watchtower Lobbyist

by JHK 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JHK
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I wasn't able to access the link. It seems logical that a lawyer or paralegal could be a lobbyist by checking all potential legislative or regulatory actions that could affect the Witnesses. I am certain that every religion has at least one person serving the function. Such a person would need to be savvy, a trait lacking in Witnesses. I think it would be someone who converted. I've worked with lobbyists. You don't need a degree per se but a very sharp knowledge opf what is happening that newspapers don't have space to report. The contrast of stated neutrality and not letting the world make you deviate from your pure theology while embracing the political process is odd. I find it odd, but not surprising.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Over $90,000 spent on lobbyists for their Jay Street project rezoning.

Incredible.

BTW, the link brings us to the search page, not the results page. You have to enter Watchtower and re-search and then the results come up. Click "More Info" on each lobbyist to see how much they got paid and for what.

• Alfred
    Alfred

I think it might have to do with some shady business on 85 Jay Street...

there are several articles dating back a few years on what the Watchtower may try do with this location (starting with greasing some palms of city planning commission officers)...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

There was an article last spring or summer about an entire part of town that wanted to be re-zoned in order to increase property values to pre-recession numbers. Is that Jay Street?

• JHK
    JHK

Thank you very much. It's interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit