Natural Selection--Randomness

by ninjaturtle 5 Replies latest jw friends

• ninjaturtle
    ninjaturtle

I wish that you evolutionists would stop using language like

"Nature is more resourceful than you are"

Nature (according to you) is not trying to accomplish anything and we humans are just an accident.

To me this seems improbable, and irreducible complexity just makes it more improbable. If something is improbable enough, you might want to question whether it is true or not.

• 2SYN
    2SYN

OK, thanks NinjaTurtle. I see that those flying pigs have returned from their migration flight over the frozen wastelands of Hell!

Anyway, on the serious side, tell us exactly what your beliefs are and how you arrived at them. Without using the Bible.

Then I will flame you long and hard until you beg me to stop. Come on, you know you want to...

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• ninjaturtle
    ninjaturtle

Simply put: I'm troubled by the patent absurdity of Darwinian evolution. My attacks on Darwinism are not motivated in the least by any desire to defend any superstitious story of our origins. I believe that it will soon be possible to demonstrate mathematically that Darwinian evolution is impossible.

I do not object to your skepticism that such a proof will be produced. But I find obnoxious your closed minded attitude that such a project is absurd on some arbitrary a priori principles you are pleased to hold. Frankly, I can discern little difference in your attitudes towards Dembski and the Church's attitudes towards Galileo.

I also have a hard time understanding why you consider evolutionary biologists, to be scientists. Evolutionary biologists seem to be for the most part quite inferior mathematicians. The mathematical description of evolution is primitive, fragmented, and contradictory. The field of evolutionary biology seems to be mostly a discipline of myth making to explain away the gapping holes in their theories and lull the atheists to sleep soundly at night.

You call yourselves skeptics, but nothing could be further from the truth. A true skeptic questions conclusions, doubts premises, exposes assumptions. But you have allied yourself with an Intellectual Taliban rigidly enforcing a suffocating Orthodoxy of Thought. No longer will I call myself a skeptic, but rather I proclaim myself an Iconoclast.

My purpose: To vigorously oppose the dogmatic pronouncements of a Scientific Priesthood; to smash the Icons of Materialism, Scientism, Darwinsm; to free Mankind's intellectual and spiritual adventure from the dead hand of a bankrupt 19th century philosophy!

I am your worst nightmare!

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld
    I am your worst nightmare!

Ha ha ha ha ha - yes indeed I do think I had a bad dream about you last night ... I remember something about little green turtle men doing weird things to me!

• ianao
    ianao

to "Turtle Power":

My purpose: To vigorously oppose the dogmatic pronouncements of a Scientific Priesthood;
    Wow, this sounds interesting. Let's just mixup theology and science completely and create our own misconceptions...

to smash the Icons of Materialism, Scientism, Darwinsm;
    Uh. Dude, take a chill pill. Sounds noble, in a primitive sort of way.

to free Mankind's intellectual and spiritual adventure from the dead hand of a bankrupt 19th century philosophy!
    Well, since most of "mankind" who looks to science is not seeking 'spiritual adventure', it looks like you've got your priorities all screwed up. BTW, if the 19th century philosophy is so corrupt, how corrupt do you think the 1st century philosophy is? (And even the centuries before year -1?)

You don't appear to be a nightmare to me, but you do resemble one of those odd dreams I sometimes have if I eat pizza just before bedtime.

Thanks for the laugh.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

ninjaturtle: I truly appreciate your fearless viewpoints. I too, have been troubled by the Darwinism Religion. However, some on this list has presented very compelling evidence for Darwinism. However, I am in contact with others to hopefully come to a conclusion. Keep on Bro! I'm reading your posts......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit