Watchtower — Bait & Switch?

by Marvin Shilmer 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Watchtower — Bait & Switch?

Today I uploaded a new article to my blog addressing a discrepancy between what Watchtower tells potential converts prior to baptism compared with what Watchtower tells converts after baptism. In each case Watchtower tells the individual something in straightforward terms. Problem is, the two things said are polar opposites, and the legal ramification is significant.

My article is titled Watchtower — Bait & Switch? and is available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/09/watchtower-bait-switch.html

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• minimus
    minimus

Great point!

And they do the same with what they write vs. what they say.

• clarity
    clarity

And the hot topic now ... soliciting money. Anyway and all ways they can!

>

Initially they attract 'victims' by the assurance that no collection plate is passed and no solicitations!

c

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

huge points Marvin , comparing the first segment to the second equates to nothing short of complete and utter lies , I've never picked up on the 2 quotes before likewise nor have the millions of R&F.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

jookbeard writes:

“…comparing the first segment to the second equates to nothing short of complete and utter lies.”

I just added a new image from a very current Watchtower publication (2009 printing of something originally published in 2005).

The baiting continues to this very day.

Marvin Shilmer

• JW GoneBad
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Just another reason for me to be Ashamed and Embarrassed by this Organization's underhanded and deceitful ways!

Thank you Marvin. In my book you are a Gem! Keep diggin and I'll keep readin!

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

JW GoneBad writes:

“Keep digging”

Digging? This stuff screams louder than my neighbor’s wife! Not only that, I just pick something off my library shelf and the article practically jumps from the page onto my blog! This stuff is alive I tell you!

Marvin Shilmer

• PinkPajamasx
    PinkPajamasx

Thank you Marvin, I save all the images from your blog on my iPhone in hopes that one day my in-laws will listen

• sizemik
    sizemik

Thanks again Marvin . . . for doing the leg work.

I recall the perception I was fed 30 years ago . . . and this being a feature of it . . .

They "bait and switch" using a longline with multiple hooks . . . there are no collections . . . the literature is free and produced by voluntary labour . . . the door 2 door ministry is 100% voluntary . . . JW's are free to come and go as they please . . . we are united only by the love of God . . . blah blah blah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit