New Holy Writings

by HintOfLime 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Have the complete "holy writings of god" been discovered?

Is it possible that there are still "legit" holy writings - possibly with completely contradictory information - yet to be discovered?

How does one determine what is 'holy' vs. 'the writings of man'? Is it a matter of 'agreeing with what is already believed' - or is there a measurable unit of holy merit?

Could a new "holy book" of god ever say "uh no, that crap was not from me", or was the First Council of Nicaea infallible?

- Lime

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Could a new "holy book" of god ever say "uh no, that crap was not from me"?

Well, the Book of Mormon would be a candidate - provided you can stomach the sheer lunacy of the story of its "discovery".

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Well, the Book of Mormon would be a candidate - provided you can stomach the sheer lunacy of the story of its "discovery".

Yeah.. I found some magical gold plates in my back yard too.... like a fool though, I smelted them and sold them at the nearest pawn shop for per ounce value.

There was something on them about how the 'discoverer shall be HIS inspector of the undergarments' - but like a fool all I could see was the current market value. Woe is me.

- Lime

• james_woods
    james_woods

Did you put up a curtain across your kitchen so that your wife could not see you melt them down?

Did you use a magic crystal to melt them using solar power?

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Did you use a magic crystal to melt them using solar power?

You are FORBIDDEN to talk about the holy quartz crystal.

FORBIDDEN!!

- Lime

• bohm
    bohm

Yeah.. I found some magical gold plates in my back yard too.... like a fool though, I smelted them and sold them at the nearest pawn shop for per ounce value.

Funny you say it, because i just happened to buy a talking lump of gold. It sayes you should be nice to others and get rid of your money. I will try to ask it tonight if it has suggestions as to how you should rid yourself of your money...

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Funny you say it, because i just happened to buy a talking lump of gold. It sayes you should be nice to others and get rid of your money. I will try to ask it tonight if it has suggestions as to how you should rid yourself of your money...

Well.. when you ask, be sure to ask what forms we need to fill out to be sure we get the best tax deduction.

There is a right way and a wrong way to do everything. The Quartz knows.

- Lime

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The decision to close the canon was made by men, not by direct action of God, so humans can re-open the canon. Certainly God did not stop revealing Himself to humans at canonization. The Gnostics were largely unknown until an accidental find in a cave. The Gospel of Judas and some other one were recent finds.

• fade_away
    fade_away

I watched a documentary called "The Gospel of Judas". In it they talked about as many as 30 different gospels that didn't make it to the scriptures...one of them is the gospel of Judas which shows that Judas was not as much of a villian as christians like to believe. Here's a wikipedia file on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Judas

The people who put together the bible (I forget who) decided to keep only four gospels (Mark, Mathew, Luke, John) and throw away the rest. There were many reasons for that and one reason was because some of its content kind of contradicted the validity of the Bible a little bit and also because the number 4 is a complete number, like the four horsemen or the four seasons or the four directions on a compass. So yeah, the Bible is supposed to be a LOT longer than what it is today (and its pretty damn long as it is). But it has been edited over time and translated and interpreted over and over and by now there are a bunch of "deleted scenes".

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

My old study teacher commented she was well aware there are entire books missing from the bible.......when I asked why, she said shed get back to me.......that was 4 years ago.

Paula x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit