Coming through a dark time.

by pamkw 3 Replies latest jw friends

• pamkw
    pamkw

Hi everyone,
    It has been a long time since I have been on the board. A lot of things have been going on in my life. But I am finally able to see the end. I recently got a job that I am going to love, and was able to leave a job I really didn't like. In fact, I have 9 days off before my new job starts.

My son with all the mental health problems is going to a new school. Hopefully that will help.

And I was finally able to tell my jw mom how much I hated being an oddball when I was in school, and how much I feel that her religion messed up my life. And I was able to do it in such a way that she really listened. My mom doesn't listen much, so I was shocked. And the whole conversation wasn't planned, it just happened. So things are looking up. Who knows maybe I will get to post more than once every six months.

Glad to see all of you again.
    Pam

• Angharad
    Angharad

Welcome back Pamkw

Glad things have started to work out for you.

• LDH
    LDH

Pam,

I'm sure it made you happy that your mom listened--even if for one brief moment.

Sometimes I think our JW relatives are like those people in that movie "Awakenings." I just KNOW there's different people inside of 'em, I hope they get the chance to let it out.

Check in more often.

Lisa

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Pam,

Glad to hear that things are looking up for you. How old is your son by the way? I can't recall what type of problems your son has that you are referring to but I hope that the new school works out well for him.

And congratulations on getting a JW to listen to you! That almost makes me believe in miracles again!

Dana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit