Elder Involvement — Graphic … pages 9-10

by Marvin Shilmer 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Elder Involvement — Graphic … pages 9-10

Today I added to my blog pages 9-10 of the 13-page submission by a Doctor of Psychology that is a Watchtower appointed elder. He had ideas about elder involvement with Jehovah’s Witnesses suffering mental illness, and particularly victims of child abuse, and thought it best to share these with Watchtower.

My article is titled Elder Involvement — Graphic Presentation and is available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/09/elder-involvement-graphic-presentation.html

As I have time to ready additional pages I’ll upload them to this article until all 13 are available.

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

The more I read these documents, the more I realize just how evil the Watchtower Society is. The gb had quality advice/information from one of their own, yet they chose to not only ignore it, but go against it.

• mrmusicmr
    mrmusicmr

YUP, the Watchtower Society is so evil.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

jamiebowers writes:

“The more I read these documents, the more…”

I know how you feel. It only gets worse.

There is a biblical passage exclaiming that things done in secret will, eventually, find exposure to the light of public view. More often than not, this is true. Watchtower has espoused this notion in its creed. But from the looks of things, Watchtower leadership has from day-one never actually believed it.

Marvin Shilmer

• sizemik
    sizemik

What a wasted resource this brother was! Here was a prime opportunity to cater to a growing problem. All it needed was the same responsible approach they used for their mis-guided blood policy . . . HLC's, letters and documents by the dozen when it suits.

They simply don't care.

The reference to repressed memories surfacing in mothers when their children approach the same age, is very true. I saw this happen twice. Thankfully both families ditched the JW's over it . . . including some extended family. One otherwise healthy marriage didn't survive however.

• Violia
    Violia

I hate that I can't read this but my computer is asking to download the file and then opening it, and it is only letting me see one page at a time. I am answering yes &open the file and then a box comes up saying cyberlink needs access to my computer and after all that I can only read one page at a time.

any other way to make it readable? could it be posted here?

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

sizemik writes:

“What a wasted resource this brother was!”

I agree, and he is not the only one. I have plenty of letters written by well educated, trained and experienced professionals who over the years reached out to Watchtower sharing clinical experience and objective analysis, not to mention well considered recommendations based on the same. Some of these are/were Witnesses and some where never Witnesses but had extensive experience treating this patient demographic. Watchtower’s Governing Body read the stuff, and then mostly ignored it.

All of it reminds me of how the tobacco industry responded to findings of its own medical researchers about its products. They ignored it; plotted a business path, and never disclosed the findings. Finally some of this stuff found the light of day so folks at least had opportunity to know what this business had done.

Marvin Shilmer

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I couldn't read the whole thing made me too mad!!! Who are they to think they know it all!

FS

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I couldn't read the whole thing made me too mad!!! Who are they to think they know it all!

You tip off the WTBTS on a piece of real estate where they can get more bang for their buck and they will put their best men in the finance and legal departments on it ASAP!

However, a well intentioned health care provider advises the WTBTS on how best to deal with abuse and other health matters of much more importance among JWs than real estate and the GB places it in cold storage!

Talk about reduced priorities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit