Can you match or top these marvels?

by compound complex 3 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Friends:

It's time that matters of serious concern and sufficient weight be broached on JWN ...

On two separate occasions I amazed myself by an uncanny ability to perform inadvertent feats of personal skill and prowess.

First: I tossed an empty paper towel tube toward the trash bin but missed (on purpose, of course). The tube, as though possessing some inner kinetic self-determination and backbone, opted to steady itself and stand upright before my goggling pop eyes. I permitted him to stand where he landed, this as a testament to either my inherent wizard-like magical deftness or His own anthropomorphic genesis.

Second: I was doing the washing up at the bathroom lavatory (I have no kitchen sink), and a plastic container lid somehow found itself standing rigidly upright before my once again goggling pop eyes, attached to the countertop in said position by a thin layer of water and dish detergent. She remained fixed in that position for some days ...

So, what have you to say or add, Mes Amis?

CoCo Merlinesque

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

My dad once was showing my brother and I to chop wood. He placed a log onto a stump and with a mighty swing of his ax, split the log into to equal pieces. One piece leaped and then landed into its place upon the wood pile. The other lept straight to its death atop the FIRE! My dad sat down, took a sip of his beer and said, "THAT'S how it's done!"

No kidding! true story!

• Terry
    Terry

It's all in the expectation how miraculous something is when it happens.

For me, balancing my checkbook would be right up there with the parting of the Red Sea.

I was once having a very dull conversation with a customer about baseball and his participation in the local league. I know absolutely nothing about it, actually. He kept going on and on and a glaze formed on my corneas....

He finally said, "I'll bet you can't guess what position I play.."

"I just offered the first thing that came into my head and said with great authority: SHORTSTOP."

He sort of flinched and then snorted with a sarcastic smile, "Yeah well, you only guessed right because you saw that I'm left-handed."

I still don't know what he was talking about---but, I guess I got it right.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Tired and Terry:

I do you and your tales humble obeisance.

Excellent!

Many thanks,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit