Circuit Overseers only serving for 1 year?

by doinmypart 5 Replies latest jw friends

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

My wife has her CO visit this week. He has just been assigned to her congregation. She mentioned he will only be with her congregation for 1 year. When I asked her why, she said that is what they are doing now. Has anyone else heard of this? The new service year just kicked off in September, is this a new arrangement?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Doubt it very much....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I thought they were supposed to be drastically modifying the hounder-hounder arrangement. Instead of taking on a whole circuit, they would be tied to a city or county. That would allow more frequent houndings, while saving the Washtowel Slaveholdery a few toilet papers that they now reimburse hounder-hounders with (and put those hounder-hounders on the streets).

But, I guess if they are taking this not getting attached to anyone crap to the extreme, I would not be surprised. Never mind that it is similar to the crap that had much to do with my blowing them off--when they take away the benefit, the cost becomes excessive and I start blowing it off. Hopefully, this will make the witlesses start blowing off things.

• blondie
    blondie

Why only one year for this CO?

1) Retiring or leaving CO work perhaps

2) Finishing out the last CO's 3rd year of the 3 year rotation

3) I'm willing to bet your wife got this secondhand or misunderstood what was said

4) He's being promoted to DO or Service Desk

• Gayle
    Gayle

so true, so true,, blondie,, always thanks,, but maybe not so much promotions anymore with all the 'downsizing' going on, and not for any needing medical or retirement help,, . . . . . . . .unless promoting to GB (the need may be getting greater there),, as they are aging, but GB need the "partaking" kind. A difficult 'pool' to draw from, since some/several? have "mental problems."

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    Elimination of Circuit Overseers
    • Implementation date 2011 service year

• Many District Overseer’s and some “Circuit Overseers” are getting along in years and slowing down. There is a need for several more suitable replacements.
    • There is a need to prepare additional brothers to serve as “overseers” in case of persecution and isolation.
    • Presiding Overseers will be trained for additional responsibilities at Patterson “Elders School”.
    • After all Presiding Overseer’s have been trained and before this is implemented there will be a Kingdom Ministry school for all Elder’s.
    • Various Presiding Overseers from around each circuit will visit the various congregations in the circuit.
    • The visit of the “Overseer” will begin Thursday evening. Another meeting will be held Saturday evening and the public meeting will be on Sunday.
    • The “Overseer” will share in service Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with the congregation.
    • Additionally the “Overseer” will have a meeting with the local elders and pioneers.
    • Congregations will receive three visits per year instead of just two.
    • Circuit Overseers can be reassigned as “District Overseers” to fill the need of replacements.
    • Other Circuit Overseers may be reassigned as “Special Pioneers” to assist in the field.
    • Since there will be ample “Circuit Overseers” to replace the needed “District Overseers” the size of the district will be lowered from about 13-15 circuits to around 10 per district. This will enable the “District Overseer” to spend more time with the circuits.
    • There will be more brothers trained to shoulder the responsibility of oversight when persecution breaks out.
    • Instead of having one “Circuit Overseer” assigned to 20 congregations various brothers will be familiar with the needs of different congregations, in order to care for these congregations during the above mentioned difficult times.
    • If a select few congregations became isolated for one reason or another, brothers who are already familiar with overseeing the needs of entire congregations would already be available to assist.
    • If one “Overseer” was persecuted, arrested, etc. there would already be other qualified brothers to take the lead.
    Expansion at Patterson
    • Will start some time after upcoming Wallkill project is finished.
    • Substantial plans have already been filed with Putnam County and Patterson City to obtain needed permits, and the okay has been given to start the project.
    • Several additional office and residence buildings are to be built. The plan is to build as high as the government will allow; likely 5 or 6 floor buildings.
    • Plan is to have HIS, Treasurer’s Office, Convention Office, and other smaller departments move there first.
    • One new office building will be exclusively used by Governing Body, United States Branch Committee, Service, Publishing (Legal), and Writing Departments.
    • Teaching Department will be in new building with Audio Video services with largely expanded studio from what they have right now.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/165229/1/News-from-Bethel-Heavy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit