Visiting MIL tomorrow - says she has a present for us!

by Little Imp 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

We are visiting my husband's parents tomorrow but over the phone MIL says she has a present for us.

The only time that she has given us a present in the eight years I have known them was one of the little books we used for the Tuesday evening book study, this was presented to me all wrapped nicely in pretty paper.

I just hope that we are not in for a witnessing!

If it is another book there is no way I am bringing it home, I don't want any more JW crap in our house. We will just conveniently forget to pick it up. Fortunately, they are both old and forgetful so hopefully they will forget they were going to give us a present, failing that we will just leave it behind and say we forgot it.

Visits to them are never easy but I am not looking forward to this one.

• meangirl
    meangirl

LOL, hang in there. What is the saying about gifts?.....It's the thought that counts.....maybe........

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

Lol. I wish it were true. Unfortunately, MIL is a control freak and if we don't do what she says she starts crying then FIL tells my husband to stop upsetting her.

• ziddina
    ziddina

To quote Scooby Doo...

Ruh, Roh!!

Just out of curiosity, if it IS a book, and you are 'saddled' with it, do you feel like skimming thru it and posting any real 'gems' of Watchtower wisdom that you might find??

That is, if you can stomach it...

Thanks in advance!!

Zid

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

As soon as I read your subject line I said to myself it's probably some of the publications. My mother pulled that one on my aunt, I believe my aunt was semi-accepting of something my mother pointed out to her, so when she returned home to DC my mom sent her a crapload of the literature, which my aunt promptly sent back!!

The way my mother took it was "isn't it a shame she doesn't see the divine blessing in what I sent her, blah, blah, blah, blah . . . . !!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit