WT Nov. 1, 2011 (public) - When Was Ancient Jerusalem Destroyed - Part 2

by AnnOMaly 322 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

So is NeveraJW stating that according to the research Jerusalem was destroyed in 568, because theres thousands of documents and other evidence that states Jerusalem was destroyed in 586/587???

• wifibandit
  • never a jw
    never a jw

Crazy guy,

I will write this comment without looking at my notes from over a year ago, so expect that I may be off by a year or so. Year 568 BCE was the 37th year of Nabuchadnezzar II as registered in the Babylonian astronomical tablet 4956. This tablet contains about 35 astronomical observations about the moon, the 5 visible planets and some intervals between the sunset, moonset, moonrise and sunrise. This tablet is possibly our best document to confirm chronologies of the ancient Near East in the 6th century BCE including the destruction of Jerusalem, which according to the Bible happened in the 18th or 19th year of Nebuchadnezzar II (I may be slightly off). If you do the math, move back from 37th year of Neb II (568 BCE) in tablet 4956 to 18th or 19th year of Neb II (Bible date for the destruction of Jerusalem) and you arrive at 587/586 BCE.

As someone who had spent countless hours doing this research, I can assure you that there's no way that the accepted chronology is wrong and definitely not only is the Watchtower wrong, but they know it too, and therefore are lying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit