The organisations love failed! (1 Corinthians 13:8)

by TimothyT 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Today, a sister in my congregation told me that she could never abandon me because i have been disfellowshipped. When she told me that she feels such a powerful driving force telling her she cannot leave me, it really made feel very warm and very close to her. When I told my dad, he said to me that the force compelling her is the most powerful force in the universe: Love! I dont think I have realy appreciated how much some people do care for me since being disfellowshipped.

I came home and pondered on the scriptures in 1 Corinthians 13, mainly "Love never fails" in verse 8. I realise that this organisation is very cold and UNLOVING. During my disfellowshipping, their love was not long suffering, not kind, behaved indecently, was selfish, kept account of injury, didnt understand, didnt bear all things, didnt hope all things and didnt endure all things. THEIR LOVE FAILED!

I believe they have missed the point completely. As the scripture says, you can do MANY things for Jehovah, but if you do them without love, you are NOTHING!

Just having a bit of a rant to help me get my head around stuff! :D

Timmy xxx

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

Timmy, you just said a magnitude. I as a fellow believer admire your resolution in the face of adversity. Bravo! You Rock! peaceT paulnotsaul

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent
    Ga 5:16-26 (1984 NIV) 16 So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. 17 For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.

19 The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

Good luck TimothyT. Hopefully love, courage, joy, goodness will always overcome con-love, fear, conceit, and envy.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you know,

ABibleStudent

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Timothy:

You have a true friend then, one showing unconditional love.

Even when I was not an elder, I spent time with disfellowshiped ones in order to encourage them. The boundaries set by the Society are artificial and are meant more for control of members than for their supposed protection.

Wishing you continued peace and love,

CoCo (my latest photo)

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

That was a beautiful post, Timmy.

• journey-on
    journey-on

There is nothing you can't do with Love guiding you. You're going to be fine, T. This is for you....listen to the words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4p8qxGbpOk

• mamalove
    mamalove

I hope you find resolution and at home wherever you end up my friend. :) Just remember that life is short and you have a right to be happy no matter what people say.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

When I was still a JW, even when pioneering, I NEVER obeyed to shunning mybrothers ans sisters for being DFed! On the contrary. it was a splinter in my heart...

• Ding
    Ding

In Watchtowerland, love for the dictates of the GB of the faithful and discreet slave organization is supposed to trump one's love for everyone and everything else.

Nice to see that not all JWs comply.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Remember Tim there are different forms of love in the WT world. The disfellowshiping love is based on principle and is not based on emotion. They feel that you have chosen to disregard Jehovah's law and thus are in need of a sort of "Tough" love. It's warped and not effective but it is considered a form of love by many. You can hold it against them or just move on. They think they are doing good. Sadly so. Live your life and just don't look back. Anyone who walks beside you will tap your shoulder. That's the love you should keep close.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit