you will be judged as you are judging....

by cptkirk 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

doesn't this one bible passage just about discount 90% of the witnesses from getting into their new system? they practically cornerned the market on sizing people up, and either discounting them or accepting them. i honestly think they are in a state of constantly judging just about everyone around them, including their spouses. soo?? just keep cherry picking that bible, and telling yourself it's the holy spirit talking to you.

was thinking about that post maninblack made...reminded me of an experience that just about put me on the floor, right before i stopped going. was out with this sister in service, and she made a stop on this call...(rather not give to much detail)...but apparently a fairly large sized family was inside the house, and one of their family members was dying....so we go up to the door and this woman answers (early 60's probably)...and she looked really upset depressed.....sort of just cracked the door open and indicated this was a bad time, real heavy shit was goin on inside there...so the sister i'm with literally takes the watchtower and rams it through the 2 inch crack the woman had on her storm door, rams it right in her face...woman takes it and slams the door...wtf??

• tec
    tec

It was one of the reasons I stopped my study. I was becoming judgmental of everyone. I still thought it was the truth at that point, but I knew that it was bad for me to be part of it. I just figured for a while that this negative reaction was on me, and my failings.

Peace,

Tammy

• andys
    andys

This scripture is quoted right out of the New World Translation, right out of the JW's very own bible that they overlook:

John 12:47

47 But if anyone hears my sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I came, not to judge the world, but to save the world.

Even in their very own bible what that means is Jesus came to this world only to save and not to judge anyone, the JW's need to look at this scripture....................................

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

that scripture by itself has one context, read it with the next few verses and it has a different context. he's passing judgement to dad sounds like. if there is some mystical truth, it has nothing to do with the bible.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

This scripture is quoted right out of the New World Translation, right out of the JW's very own bible that they overlook:

John 12:47 But if anyone hears my sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I came, not to judge the world, but to save the world.

Shouldn't it be obvious to all that ANDYS has twisted this scripture because I always understood it that Christ came to save only baptized Jehovah's Witnesses who attend all the meetings and put in national average hours in field service.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit