Hurricane Irene and a KH build

by PaintedToeNail 6 Replies latest social current

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

The northeastern USA is under hurricane warnings, evacuation notices, people are being told to have emergency supplies and that the east coast will have possibly 10 million or more without power...and yet they are still planning on doing a hall build in our area. We are listed in the 'to be hit by Irene area'. Does anyone else think this is a ridiculously foolish thing to do?!

• FadeToGrey
    FadeToGrey

HA HA stupid RBC..

What are they thinking. Oh our god Jehovah will save us... Yeah Right.

• sizemik
    sizemik

They'll be fine . . . they just need some encouragement.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

If things continue as they are going, we will definitely be in the hurricane zone. People should either evacuate or stay home if they safely can. Driving to a hall build in hurricane conditions, trees down, power lines down, severe flooding and so forth-to hold hammers and lumber is stupid. Maybe the gov't will ban non-emergency travel on the roads for the duration.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Not if it's the one in Candor. The weather forecast looks pretty good and Irene would have to take a healthy leap west to give them problems.

• Alfred
    Alfred

I think everyone's missing the point... The most important thing to keep in mind here is that there's only one weekend remaining this month and the weaker brothers who have not been in Field Service this month will be able to count their hours on this KH build (until the wind kicks up) and won't have to memorize the WT & Awake presentations in the latest KM. The fact that these brothers will be able to escape being labeled "irregular" without actually doing any preaching at all is a loving provision from the governing body...

• Scully
    Scully

The fact that these brothers will be able to escape being labeled "irregular" without actually doing any preaching at all is a loving provision from the governing body...

Wow. That Privilege™ of being able to count time without actually going Door-to-Door™ used to only be reserved for Circuit and District Overseers™, Elders™, Regular and Special Pioneers™ working at conventions or on construction sites. I used to get so annoyed when they asked me to spend a morning making sandwiches, snacks and baked goods (paying for it out of my own pocket, too) and then delivering the food to the construction site plus serving it and cleaning up afterward, and then find out that some of the Brothers™ were allowed to count their construction related time, but I was not. Assholes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit