Too much to do, not enough time!!!!!

by sinis 6 Replies latest jw friends

• sinis
    sinis

God, growing up it always felt like the day wouldn't end, school went on forever, and I couldn't wait to be a "grown up". Now, I wish the days were longer, I had more time to do the things I need to do, and someone else would take care of me. Too much to do, and not enough time!!! Maybe this is what living forever feels like?

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Maybe this is what living forever feels like?

And therein lies the reason that we don't!! LOL

• LV101
    LV101

succinctly stated --- OMG!

• sizemik
    sizemik

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
    Albert Einstein

• still thinking
    still thinking
    Too much shit, and not enough time!!! Maybe this is what living forever feels like?

If you lived forever it wouldn't feel like that...becuase you would have plenty of time. We start to feel like that when we perceive that time is running out for us.

When you're young you think you're gonna live forever...when you get older...you know this isn't the case...

Here's a song for you while you wait.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb9By-lODgk

• losthobbit
    losthobbit

I had a dream last night that I was turning 1000.

By the way, if you can afford it you can hire a virtual personal assistant from about $4 per hour. You may want to read "The 4 hour work week", by Tim Ferris.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    If you lived forever it wouldn't feel like that...becuase you would have plenty of time. We start to feel like that when we perceive that time is running out for us. When you're young you think you're gonna live forever...

So, true, dear ST (peace to you!). Also, feeling as dear Sinis (peace to you!) does here could be a side-effect of the world and time we now live in, particularly as that relates to the western world. Here, we must get up earlier, stay up later, move faster, work harder, work MORE, workOUT more (and harder), yet eat less, love less, and laugh less... all due to the very limited amount of time we have in a "day" to DO it all... in contrast to the "race" we have to run to "keep up" with... well, whatever/whoever it is we're trying to keep up with.

Keeping busy can keep us alive, yes. But sometimes it depends on WHAT is keeping us busy. Something to consider...

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit