Watchtower — Where is yesteryears’ waste?

by Marvin Shilmer 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Watchtower — Where is yesteryears’ waste?

Today I uploaded a new article to my blog pondering the question of what Watchtower did with its waste back when corporate America was buying farmland to dump its waste.

My article is titled Watchtower — Where is yesteryears’ waste? and is available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/08/watchtower-where-is-yesteryears-waste.html

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• sd-7
    sd-7

You'd have to have photos of Watchtower waste being dumped into farmland to prove it to the skeptical. Who says they didn't just make it into a lovely farm?

--sd-7

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

They blamed it on the Catholic Church.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

sd7,

One thing about history is that it cannot be changed. It’s just sitting there waiting to be discovered; perhaps under a grassy pasture; perhaps under some kind of an orchard; perhaps in groundwater; or perhaps in a stack of paperwork.

There’s been lots of construction on farms owned by Watchtower. That means lots and lots of serious digging. Folks running excavators and earthmovers know what they’ve bumped into, and I’m not saying one way or another just what that is or is not. I’m only saying that crewmen on the scenes know (if there is anything to know that is).

Marvin Shilmer

• Farkel
    Farkel

Marvin,

There was a long-term poster who went by Tom Tally or "Talleyman". He was rather famous (or infamous) back in the day. I've spoken with him several times and despite the way he posted, he was a soft-talking Southerner and quite lucid. AlanF actually met him and spent time wit him. He was dying and Doctors couldn't help him. He also worked on one of the Bethel farms for years and years. He said they used pesticides far in excess of the recommended amounts, and he thought it was those pesticides which poisoned him and which were killing him. He told me he could hardly breath because of them since his room was right on the edge of the farm.

Check your blog.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit