Study with the Johovah, Witnesses

by Mary k 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary k
    Mary k

I have a friend who wants me to do Bible study with him,my Bible is not good enough for him and tells me i have the wrong icture.Please help me.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Nice to have you here M

What religion is your friend? (Sorry ignore that you said in your post title)

What Bible do you have? 'icture'?

What Bible does you friend reccomend? NWT?

Do you want to study?

Please be aware that a Bible study with a JW ISN'T a study of the Bible it is a study of the watchtower material and their OWN interpretation of what they say the Bible says

• Scully
    Scully

Friendship is based on sharing and mutual respect.

You've already declined his offer, yet he persists in his demands that you study the bible with him. That is disrespectful. It's not friendship.

I'm certain that if you asked him to attend your church, he would refuse. He does not want to share in anything that you believe, to understand you better. That is also a mark of disrespect for you, nor is it a sign of friendship.

If you tell him that your family will disown you if you change your religion, he will tell you that it's ok because people in the "true religion" should expect that kind of persecution. Yet, if you joined the JWs and then quit after deciding it wasn't right for you, they will treat you as if you've been disowned.

Just out of curiosity, is there the possibility of a romantic relationship between the two of you? If so, he will insist that you convert in order to make the relationship acceptable to his JW friends and family.

• losthobbit
    losthobbit

I'd recommend printing out this book (free download): http://www.box.net/shared/uclytd91jd

Take it with you, and use it as a guide for your bible study. The version of the bible doesn't really matter.

• blondie
    blondie

Is he interested in dating/marrying you? If so, please know that Jehovah's Witnesses are strongly discouraged from dating/marrying outside their religion, can even be censured/shunned for that. It is likely that he wants you to be come a Witness so that he can marry you without that happening. Be sure you realize what the rules are for women in the Watchtower organization are quite strict and that you must believe everything they say even if you don't understand it. My father was not a Witness and my mother was and it was Hades on earth for 20 years until they divorced.

Blondie

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sorry, for some reason I think my PC won't show all of this post.

Have a browse thru' this forum, use the 'search' facility to look for threads that fit your circumstance.I'll wager a light will come on!

If it is romance proceed VERY carefully. No...really...VERY carefully!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Tell him if he really wants you, he'll have to get a Bible you like and go to your church, starting this Sunday.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

What Black Sheep said ^^^

• losthobbit
    losthobbit

Before studying with a Jehovah's Witness, there are a few things one should research on one's own... it's easy, just use google and type these keywords:

jehovah's witness psychological problems

jehovah's witness cult (or mind control, or brainwashing)

jehovah's witness failed prophecies

jehovah's witness shunning

That ought to do it. If you want feel like watching some interesting videos, check out "cs the apostate" on YouTube.

• dm6
    dm6

you have no idea what you are about to get into..... I would RUN AWAY.

AS FAR AS POSSIBLE!!!! Dont be fooled by the nice smiles and falseness!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit