Would you let your child die for the Watchtower ?

by Hairyhegoat 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

I know if the HLA showed up at the hospital I would batter them with a base ball bat since I have changed my family health records on the main frame NHS computer.

Here is a real life quote from a active JW family..from a while ago but it is still what the governing body require of active JW'S now.

My grandfather became a part of the Watchtower Society in the early 1900s, and my father is an elder at his local Kingdom Hall.

I started serving as a full-time pioneer in 1971 after dropping out of High School with the encouragement of the brothers. In 1973, I was invited to go to the World Headquarters in Brooklyn to be part of the vast staff of workers who produce the literature.

After leaving Bethel, I married a good Jehovah's Witness girl, and we set out together trying to please God the best way we knew how. My wife had been a missionary for eight years. She had been sent to different parts of the United States in her work, under the direction of the Watchtower Society.

After returning home, the local elders were using me quite extensively in teaching from the platform. Most Jehovah's Witnesses agree that anyone who has spent any time at headquarters is special and worthy of greater responsibilities in the local congregation.

Having two boys, we longed for a girl to be born and hoped that having a little girl would complete our happiness. On Aug. 10, 1980, Jenny Leigh Blizard was born. We were so excited but tragedy struck. At five weeks old, Jenny received a small cut on a finger which would not stop bleeding. Local doctors found that Jenny's blood simply would not clot.

They sent us to San Antonio, Texas, for treatment of Jenny's condition. She was admitted to Santa Rosa Medical Center's special care nursery, looking for the treatment that would make Jenny well. Doctors spent days trying to reach a diagnosis.

Finally, a team of doctors informed us that Jenny needed an emergency blood transfusion to save her life. This was a difficult problem for us because the Society does not permit blood transfusions.

We sent the doctors out of the room and told them that we would give them our answer soon. My wife and I prayed and cried out to God for answers. I remember thinking; "Oh Jehovah, how can you ask me to make such a decision - a yes or no whether Jenny lives or dies! What kind of God are you!" Finally my wife and I called the doctors back into the room, and we informed them that we had to obey God's law and we would have to let Jenny die.

The hospital officials contacted the Texas Child Welfare Dept. and a suit was filed against us for child abuse and neglect. A court order was issued to ensure that Jenny would receive the blood she needed to save her life. The Sheriff's Department of Bexar County issued us citations and warned the hospital staff not to allow us to remove Jenny from the hospital. They knew full well that Jehovah's Witnesses have a long history of sneaking patients out of hospitals to avoid blood transfusions at all costs.

My wife and I were secretly relieved that Jenny would get the care she needed to save her life. We felt we had done all we could in trying to stop them from giving her the blood. We never thought the courts would intervene.

Reporters of two San Antonio newspapers, "The San Antonio Express/News" and "The San Antonio Light," learned about Jenny and exposed the story, though we refused to talk to the reporters. In retrospect, I commend their work.

In the meantime, friends contacted the local elders, who promptly came to visit us. They were relieved to find out that there was still time to plan a way to kidnap Jenny out of the hospital before blood could be administered.

I explained to them that the matter was out of my hands and that I was under court order not to remove Jenny. That did not matter to them. Their main concern was to get her out.

I knew that Jenny would shortly die if I removed her from the machines that were keeping her alive, and I would be charged with murder. I explained this to the elders. They replied, "That's the chance you have to take! You cannot allow them to give your child blood!"

Without further discussion, I asked them to leave, stating that we could not allow our child to die in this way. "If this is the God I serve, I am through with Him."

The elders left the hospital angry that we would not submit to their demands "I hope," one elder even said, "she gets hepatitis from that blood, just to prove that it's bad!"

When we finally returned home with Jenny, the Witnesses had received word that even though we had protested the blood transfusion, We "allowed" her to take it. This made us outcasts in their eyes. They did not disfellowship us because their law calling for expulsion would have applied only if we had freely given permission for the transfusion.

Jenny's condition was more serious than what a blood transfusion could permanently correct. The transfusions given to her as an infant did prolong her life, but on March 3, 1987, our six- year-old Jenny passed away.

On Jenny's memorial stone it is inscribed: "God's special messenger." We believe she truly was. Through her illness and brief life, we came to recognize the deception of the Watchtower Society, that it's teachings on blood were unscriptural and morally wrong, and we share this important knowledge with Jehovah's Witnesses around the world in the hope that we can prevent unnecessary tragedies in other families. We can only pray that through our testimony those caught in bondage will wake up to the freedom found only in the person of Jesus Christ.

This should make the international media as I have 4 kids and would never refuse blood for any of them if they needed it ,Would you agree ?

HHG

• man in black
    man in black

When one of my sons was about ten years old he fell on one of those aluminum window-well supports and split his spleen in two.

The doctors tried everything to get us to allow him to have a blood transfusion, but being the good little jw's that we were at that time, both my wife and I would not allow it.

The hospital even went so far as to wake up the hospital chairman ( 12:30 am) and had him come in. One after another the hospital sent someone in to talk to us, the anethesiologist even went as far as to get on his knees and literally begged us to allow blood.

At this time several elders arrived and stayed in the background and supported us and our decision. I don't think the liasion commitee was around back then ( 1988).

That was the most emotionally draining evening I ever had, I felt like I was in a dream most of the time.

Finally our regular family doctor came in and looked at the x-rays and he said since the spleen was in two pieces, giving blood would have

done nothing, it would have just run out and pooled in the abdomen, so he spent over two hours going in, and stiching the good piece shut.

Looking back, our motives were viewed totally 100% thru the wt rose colored glasses. But afterward as I thanked God for the good outcome, I really felt that

his method of "trying" us was a bit overboard.

So back to the original comment, yes I did almost allow my son to die, but because of an intelligent Doctor who looked at the available information

with an educated viewpoint this did not happen.

I do not believe that the wt has the correct viewpoint regarding blood at all now, but at the time of this accident I wonder what would have happen if we did allow blood.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Luke 6:9 (KJV): "Then said Jesus unto them: I will ask you one thing: Is it lawful on the sabbath days to do good, or to do evil? to save life, or to destroy it?"

Life always trumps death.

To answer your question: Never in a million years. The Watchtower, imo, is a killer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit