Did you hear your Disfellowship Announcement ?

by Pitchess Co-Gen 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

I got this topic from another forum . When I was in my judicial committee (2009); after the decision came to disfellowship me one elder asked "Pitchess are you gonna be there to hear your announcement . Now I said "no I'm moving 75 miles north of Los Angeles " ( they tried to get me to stay, but thats another topic ). I always wondered why would they want me to hear the announcement ? When I was back there one elder said "it shows repentance to be there for the announcement" ( I say they just want to see your reaction ). Ok when I said "I didn't want Los Angeles to look point the finger of shame "; my old Coordinator of the Body of Elder said " well that's your punishment Pitchess ". Now I thought being disfellowship was the punishment. Well I'm out . Please leave commments and opinions ( former Elders I really need you to jump in on this ).

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Not a former elder, but I have seen my share of df's and it sounds to me like they want you to sit there like a good drone and take your punishment and allow the group to feel good about shunning you. They expect everyone they kick out to be beating the door down to come back in. In your shoes I would have just done like you did.

• Elgiard
    Elgiard

Wait, I thought disfellowshipping wasn't about punishment, it was about love?

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Just another moronic elder that doesn't even know his own religion or their man made rules.

DFing is never supposed to be about 'punishment'.....its about love and protecting the congregation. It should show you how inept they are....they don't even know their OWN feelings on matters.....

Why would anyone go for the 'announcement?'.......guess what? No one cares.... and soon many of those that are shunning you will speak to you like nothing ever happened.

I would have looked at him and said "no, I won't be here for your lame announcement that no one respects. And furthermore, if I ever hear from you again, I'll consider it harrassment and I'll kick your @$$

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Pitchess - I was an elder for a number of years and yes they want you to be there because they feel it shows a repentant attitude. It could help in getting reinstated faster if you stick with it, but there are so many variables and every judicial committee is different. Some may make you wait til hell freezes over and others will make you wait til it almost freezes over lol.

But I'm glad you are out that's what matters- you are FREE. When I was a new elder I remember my first JC and the other two elders wanted to DF a young brother for smoking a joint and it seemed that it was too harsh. Well they wouldn't budge and after 30 minutes of trying to convince me I thought I was doing the right thing by going along with them... For awhile I came to think that I had done a terrible thing because I knew he didn't deserve to be DFed, but in the long run he has been benefited. He is a "normal" guy today, looks after his mom (who's still in) and is happy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit