Holy Laws of God VERSUS Ordinances of the Governing Body.

by shechaiyah 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shechaiyah
    shechaiyah

If the GB are so obsessed with personal and interpersonal behavior, why aren't they looking to Holy LAW, to set their priorities?

The Torah? http://www.holyconservancy.org/2728.htm

It's the BABYLONIAN (Anu-NaZi) TALMUD that sets up classes of people--NOT the original laws of Yahweh (Jehovah).

Oh. I forgot about that.

Now I realize the "apostle Paul" (who never walked with Jesus, whose story was trumped up in the 3rd century & inserted by church fathers)

says, the Law doesn't matter anymore.

Okay, so WHY is the governing body obsessed with personal and impersonal behavior, separate and different from the Laws of Jehovah?

There is NO TWO-CLASS SYSTEM in the laws of God; NO "little flock" and "great crowd."

Indeed, Laws covering Foreigners state, everybody has to be treated equally and judged equally.

So, why is the Law ignored but the GB pursue doctrines that differ from Jah's Laws?

Just wondering.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Shech..

If you read posts from Gilliad graduates or anyone else who has had a WBT$ Education..

According to the WBT$..The Bible is about the WBT$ Leaders..

The rest of us are here to serve them..

Period..

With the Exception of the 144,000..

The WBT$ has replaced Jesus as Mediator because..

The WBT$ says so..

If your looking to the WBT$,for Christian Leadership..

Forget it..

They are Too Badly Corrupted by their own Sense of Power..

....................;-)...OUTLAW

• journey-on
    journey-on
    Okay, so WHY is the governing body obsessed with personal and impersonal behavior, separate and different from the Laws of Jehovah?

I have a theory. They do believe that Jesus fulfilled the Law. So implementing the Old Law rules is out. But, they also know that the Old Law worked to keep the people dependent and living in fear.

The one thing the Old Law did was show the people how worthless, low, inadequate, helpless, and dependent they truly were. They had so many rules and regulations and sacrificial rituals and festivals that their whole Life was spent in a condition of doubt, fear, and dejection. (Read: meetings, field service, personal study, Bible studies, circuit assemblies, district conventions, preparation of talks, etc. etc. etc., not to mention the sacrifice of your friends and family when they fail to live up to WTS "laws".)

The GB pursue doctrines based on their ability to instill the same kind of fear and dependence the people under the Old Law endured. It worked then, so they figure it will work now. And it does.

Christ's burden is light and simple: Love God your father with your whole heart, soul, strength, and mind. And, love your neighbor as yourself.

• shechaiyah
    shechaiyah

This is clearly so.

Okay, so we can dispense with their blasphemy. They are NOT the cat's meow.

We all agree. Okay. So now what? Can't we get together just to talk about how to get along?

Jesus had some very good ideas about this; and I'm still committed to revering a Creator God.

I'm an old lady, and I live among immigrants of the Cathoolic, Buddhist, Sikh, Muslim and non-Faith ideologies. Ok.

I want to start a MeetUP Group, to meet for Reflection, in San Jose for an hour or so per week, no cost to anybody.

I'll support it, and it's GOOD to reflect on Existence and Cosmology and Meta-Physics and ALL THAT regularly.

One day out of the 7-day week, why not just kick back and figure things out?

So, if it costs $30 a month to set up a MeetUp Group for this purpose, how do I go about it?

I tried setting up a "Community of the Galaxy," and it FLOPPED about a year ago.

Zero interest, even though my MeetUp Group Page looked FINE (to me, anyway).

• journey-on
    journey-on

shechaiyah...there are some fairly interesting discussion forums on metaphysics. Your personal meet up group sounds interesting, and it's something I think I personally would enjoy, but, alas, I live nowhere near San Jose, or Cali for that matter. I know how you feel, though, when you are hungry for REAL spiritual food and someone to share it with.

• shechaiyah
    shechaiyah

Oh, my birth mother, whom I met when I was 28, was a Stuart-clan psychic-shaman personality who was deep into Astrology. Yikes.

I spent some years with the Episcopaleans, but they took off on gender issues about 20 years ago and never could "graduate" from that topic.

I spent three years in the Quaker Meeting (Unitarian Universalist), some time with the Sikhs, a little with the Jewish (Orthodox, Conservative, Reformed & Reconstructionist) when I was in Florida.

I visited with the communities TwelveTribes and Padanaram, on the East Coast. They were into thought-controls totally.

I attended with the Mennonites and spent a vacation with the Old Order Mennonites in Harrisonburg, VA. Nice people; but very inclusive & exclusive.

Along the way I've gone to retreats with Trappist monks and Quaker Unitarians, and I spent three years in a Catholic parish in West Virginia because there was no other place to go.

So, I've been around. That experience and $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Nobody does the Assemblies like the Witnesses; nobody talks to everybody and anybody as they do. But nobody is as morabund into dogma, either.

So, setting up my own "reflection group" seems to be my only option at this point.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

So, to sum up....

The Law - Moses says I AM gave it go him, conveniently, so one else saw or heard it, Moses is the Supreme Leader, God only talks to him.

GB - They say that I AM is giving them the rules, conveniently no one else see or hears it, they are the Supreme Leaders, God only talks to them.

Yeah, seems like they are about the same.

• shechaiyah
    shechaiyah

Nope, not at all.

Moses was simply willing to listen to Commonsense Laws against Harm and undue Costs.

Jesus stood up for Commonsense Laws against Harm and undue Costs; but He also included the MATTER OF INTENTION.

The WTBTS has no such inspiration. They want to CONTROL YOU AND ME in our very thoughts. And it's not going to happen.

Exodus 19:8: The people CONSENTED to Moses; the people CONSENTED to Jesus directing BEHAVIOR IN RELATIONSHIPS.

You and I do NOT CONSENT to the WTBTS telling us WHAT TO THINK. We never even GET to behavior.

They want to control us IN OUR MINDS, as if they had Dominion over our minds.

This is contrary to Free Will.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Moses was simply willing to listen to Commonsense Laws against Harm and undue Costs.

Right on. Moses and Israelites liked slavery and misogyny, amazingly so did their god.

The GB hates birthdays and blowjobs, strangely, amazingly, so does their god.

EXACTLY the same.

• shechaiyah
    shechaiyah

Well, I don't think YHVH is as A-sexual as He's depicted, frankly.

And I think what God wants for us to do is to DEVELOP LAW so it makes COMMUNITY and CIVIL sense, in terms of its outcomes.

Outcomes of Holy Law ought to be good, doncha think?

She--

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit