Rutherford v. the WT on Investigating Truth Claims

by Ding 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Ding
    Ding

"... there are some who who point out that the organization has had to make adjustments before, and so they argue, 'This shows that we have to make up our own mind on what to believe.' This is independent thinking. Why is it so dangerous? Such thinking is an evidence of pride." Watchtower, 1/15/1983, p. 27.

"Every man should be persuaded in his own mind, and no one should be deterred from examining a question based upon the Bible because a clergyman or any one else makes the unsupported assertion that it is dangerous or unworthy of consideration. Error always seeks the dark, while truth is always enhanced by the light. Error never desires to be investigated." Millions Now Living Will Never Die, p. 13

• Ding
    Ding

Why do you think quotes like these don't affect most JWs at all?

Most of them are unwilling to investigate anything about their own religion.

Do you think deep down they are afraid of what they might find?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there Ding,

I believe that they know that if they test

the quality of their faith, it cannot endure the scrutiny

James 1:2-3 " Consider it all joy, my brothers, when you meet with trials, knowing as you do that this tested quality of your faith works out endurance."

• wasblind
    wasblind

James 1:5 states that we can ask anything without reproach

but you better not ask the WTS to much or you will wind up

in a judicial meetin'

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

' Judge ' Joseph Franklin Rutherford. ' The lawyer who became a PROFIT '. peace$$$$ paulnotsaul

• agonus
    agonus

Possibly, though I think for most dubs it's another case of "Yes, but this applies to THEM, not US, because We Have The Truth TM !"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit