Wikipedia profile: Everybody should have one!

by J. Hofer 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

recently i started editing a few articles, mostly about jehovah's witnesses, excommunication, raymond franz etc. on the german wikipedia. after a while i noticed i could add a little description about myself. i wrote something along the lines of "i'm a baptized jehovah's witness and atheist".

today someone responded on my discussion page, asking if this is not misleading and if it's not like calling yourself a "vegetarian carnivore" or a "shiny dark night". the anonymous poster also mentioned that i appear to be very critical towards JWs. i responded about how difficult it is to leave the religion in a normal way without losing family. i also mentioned that i indeed try to apply critical thinking on everything, as it's the best way to come to a more or less neutral conclusion. i also said that i don't want to paint JWs - or any other religious group for that matter - in a wrong light, but i also want to bring up topics that they'd prefer to cover up.

felt pretty good after posting this on my very own wikipedia user page. I can only recommend it.

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Great work hofer ! I love wikipedia, it's a wonderful recourse for information.

My family and I gave up on religion too. Here's our blog about Babylon the Great's demise,

including the WT portion of it. Keep up the good work on wikipedia, they need you!

http://revelatoryawakening.wordpress.com/2011/07/14/who-is-babylon-the-great/

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

any other wikipedia editors on here?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit