Update - returning from Ground Zero

by MissSC 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• MissSC
    MissSC

Greetings all,

I just wanted to update everyone on several things happening in my life lately. I regret I have not been posting lately, but so much
    has been happening that I have not had a chance. For starters, I had the honor and priviledge to go to Ground Zero, NYC, to work at Saint Paul's Chapel serving the workers at Ground Zero. It was an emotional event that I must say will be with me for the rest of my life. I am glad I went. It has changed my out look on things in many ways - spiritually, and personally. I know for a fact I would never had this chance if I was still a JW. Talk about reaffirmation of leaving the org.

I must say many times during my life I have leaned towards atheism or being agnostic often times I think due to being raised a JW. This trip and several events since really reaffirmed to me God's existance.
    I must say that it has been very hard for me to adapt to any religious teachings although I believe in my heart that the bible is the truth (I am not referring to the JW teaching, but the truth spiritually for myself). Maybe it is partly due to the fact I am very analytical. Not sure, but I thank God for this trip, because I saw God on a level I had forgotten in the midst of all this.

I returned from this trip very angry, but I am glad I did. The creative side of me had flourished since this trip and many good things have started. I have managed to write a song (non related to NYC) and finally post my personal website.

In addition, I came back with hip problems and then fell on the same hip Sunday. Needless to say I have been on bed rest with plenty of time on my hands. A lot more than I am use to. Thankfully, the problems are muscular not spinal or joint related.

Well, I am back and should be posting more. I have missed reading everyone's post. Any one with questions, let me know. I have pics from ground zero. Email me and I will send some to you.

Btw, today I had a chance to speak out against the JW to a woman who they are trying to start a "bible study" with. I hope she listened. I will update when I know more about that situation.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Always, MissSC

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Welcome back MissSC.

I will e-mail you...I would really like to see your photos.

That is really interesting; that seeing that could change your perspective. Everytime I see it on TV, I get tears in my eyes. How much more emotional it must have been to be so close.

I think that is great that you got the opportunity to help feed the workers. How did that come about? Was it through a volunteer org? I would be interested in learning how to help, without giving more money. I am not a nurse or EMT, so I am not sure what I could contribute.

Thanks for the post...I will e-mail.
    Tina

• Prisca
    Prisca

HEllo,

It sounds like you've grown spiritually from your experience at Ground Zero. Do you have any stories you feel comfortable with relating? I for one would be interested to hear them.

Also, could you email me a few photos? My email is open.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Miss

I too, am interested in the stories that affirmed god's existence for you.

SS

• outnfree
    outnfree

Welcome back, Miss SC!

Hope your hip heals soon.

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit