Pig in a headlock beating its face in -- an illustration of lack of self control

by bnybyt 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bnybyt
    bnybyt

I went to the last DC in Amherst this Summer.

On Sunday the symposium part on Appreciating the Messianinc King's Appealing Personality...

The part on Self-Controlled opened up with an illustration that I kid you not repulsed me so much I had to get up and walk about in the concourse, go to the bathroom and splash cold water on my face.

The speaker opened up by saying a man grabbed a pig in a headlock and proceeded to punch its face, over and over as hard as he could.

Just visualizing the illustration almost made me throw up.

There was no way I could sit through that talk.

The speaker went on as if the illustration was an excellent example of how some people lack self-control.

How about showing some self-control in choosing illustrations that don't make people cringe or gag, brother?

Was that really in the outline?

Was that illustration used in other DC's?

What's your reaction?

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

that would of been my only reason for attending, just to hear that line.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

So, was he trying to control the pig? Was the man without self control because he was compelled to punch a pig? Was the pig wearing leather?

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

LMAO "was the pig wearing leather"

• man in black
    man in black

I'm a humane investigator, if I heard that for sure I would have searched the speaker down afterwards and told him how ridiculous that illustration was. I wonder if he ever saw this picture and the reaction that was caused by people seeing it.

Using something like this in a religious-type talk,,, unreal.

what an Idiot !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit