I think this may stir up something with the JWs???

by dm6 5 Replies latest social current

• dm6
    dm6

just read it all.

I think the JDubs will take things into their own hands as they do everything else and flat out refuse to do this.

Your thoughts???

CLICK ME

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

might be better to put in the actual link or cut and paste the item...

i am hesitant about clicking on 'click me's'

just saying...

oz

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

You mean this? --"Mr Cameron said the programme - currently lasting three weeks duringthe summer - would be compulsory for every 16-year-old and would capture the spirit of national service."- Not likely to make much of an impact.. http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/7733/1/WTS-Deception-on-Alternative-Military-Service

• dm6
    dm6

yes thats it. I dont thinkk it will either... but then all politicans are all talk and no trousers anyway.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I would love to see a compulsory period of service for every young person here in the U.S. They could be given a choice of military or civilian service (like a domestic Peace Corp.), but I would rather see it for a period of one year minimum. Three weeks won't make much of a difference, but a longer period might help young people regain a sense of pride and purpose that appears to be missing at present. Imagine the good that could be accomplished if every young person had to be disciplined and focused on a purpose.

As to JW's, they would make this out to be a violation of their civil and religious rights...unless that compulsory service could be done at Bethel!

• Gayle
    Gayle

JWs would claim they're "neutral."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit