Why is the Youth book not on Watchtower Library?!

by cedars 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

Hi everyone. I realise this question may have been asked before, so please point me in the right direction if it has.

I've been aware for some time that the Youth book isn't on the Watchtower Library CD-ROM. Until now I've never questioned why, because I've assumed that this is simply due to the fact that it was "superseded" by the YPA book. However, I've noticed that other books that were "superseded" are still on the CD-ROM - for example, the old song book, the old school guidebook, the old family life book etc.

I remember my parents studying the red book Your Youth - Getting the Best Out Of It with me as a child. What is it about this book that makes it so different, and not worthy of a place on the CD-ROM? Answers please!

• sir82
    sir82
    Answers please!

I'm not sure, but I think it's a pretty safe bet that the persons who determined what goes on the WT-CD do not post to this forum.

I'm sure you can speculate just as well as anyone else here.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    What is it about this book that makes it so different, and not worthy of a place on the CD-ROM? Answers please!

Just a guess. . .

That book is most likely an embarassment for them. Some of the advice is WAY out of touch with reality. Plus, with the release of the YPA books, this book is essentially obsolete.

Is the Aid to Understanding book on the current CD-ROM? It was made obsolete by the Insight Volumes.

• cedars
    cedars

Well I would read through it and check, but I don't have a copy with me at present and obviously it is no longer in print.

Perhaps a subsidiary question is - does anybody own a copy who would be willing to check?

leavingwt - as I said, there are other books that have been superseded, but they are still on the CD-ROM. Why anyone really needs to know what's in the old school guidebook is beyond me. The Aid book was likely omitted for two reasons (1) it's so darn big, and (2) according to Ray Franz it was written without a strong leaning towards established watchtower doctrine.

Madsweeney - THAT'S SO WEIRD! I could have sworn the book wasn't on my CD-ROM when I last checked. Thanks so much for showing me the error of my ways. Thank goodness for these forums, or I would have carried on thinking it wasn't there!

Discussion closed!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I've been aware for some time that the Youth book isn't on the Watchtower Library CD-ROM.

How did you come by this awareness?

It is on the CD-ROM. Always has been. Both YPA books and the Your Youth-Getting the Best Out Of It are on the CD-ROM.

I'm looking at it right now.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    It is on the CD-ROM.

There you go. At best, their Table of Contents is confusing.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Yeah, I'm looking at it too. I have the 2008 cd rom.

• cedars
    cedars

Maybe that's where the confusion comes from.

At least I'm not completely losing my mind - not yet anyway.

Sorry about that everyone!

• blondie
    blondie

But in the early days of the CD-Rom you could find the Your Will Be Done book since it was the most recent info (1958). But when the Daniel Prophecy book came out, the YW book was dropped from the CD.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thank you for that info Blondie,

with the WTS when truth becomes old

they drop it ;)

With that said, we apostates must be the only ones that know "REAL" truth never grows old, or changes

no adjustments are needed with the truth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit